Dustin Hoffman says cinema worst its been in 50 yrs..

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dustin Hoffman says cinema worst its been in 50 yrs..

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
    the indies are booming . . . at a certain budget, with a certain type of story.

VOD platforming has made the under $5m character-driven drama workable for a ton of indie producers. it's everything between that and the $100m+ CGI tentpole that the studios and independents have largely abandoned
    What would be the best way to search for producers making films in this budget range? Is there a particular directory that is better for this? Im guessing that with such low budgets agents and managers aren't going to be too keen to rep those kinds of scripts?

Comment

While there are a lot of indie movies being made I meant them going on to become big mainstream successes. I expected a rebellion against the current blockbusters but it seems like it might be a while off.

Comment

Originally posted by Klazart View Post
        What would be the best way to search for producers making films in this budget range? Is there a particular directory that is better for this? Im guessing that with such low budgets agents and managers aren't going to be too keen to rep those kinds of scripts?
        A few years ago I had a low budget arthouse type script I was trying to get out there. I found a lot of info on IMDB Pro by looking up indie films I liked and then cross-referencing the companies and people involved: sometimes 2 or 3 production companies would be involved on one film, clicking on the name of one co-producer would provide info on other films she had done, contact info, etc. Werc Werk Work, Plum Pictures, A Likely Story, Film Science and Andrew Lauren are a few that come to mind and that asked to read my script. VPF is also a good place to find production companies that are specifically looking for indie type material. And of course buying a membership to Done Deal Pro gives you access to tons and tons of information on who's buying and producing what.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
          A few years ago I had a low budget arthouse type script I was trying to get out there. I found a lot of info on IMDB Pro by looking up indie films I liked and then cross-referencing the companies and people involved: sometimes 2 or 3 production companies would be involved on one film, clicking on the name of one co-producer would provide info on other films she had done, contact info, etc. Werc Werk Work, Plum Pictures, A Likely Story, Film Science and Andrew Lauren are a few that come to mind and that asked to read my script. VPF is also a good place to find production companies that are specifically looking for indie type material. And of course buying a membership to Done Deal Pro gives you access to tons and tons of information on who's buying and producing what.
          Thanks for the info. Yeah, I figured it's just about doing the leg work, no way around it.

Comment

My favourite era is the 1970s and early 1980s, and the best of those films have an atmosphere and feel to them that I rarely see these days, but there are some very good films still being made.
            Last edited by The Road Warrior; 08-08-2015, 07:58 AM.
            Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Working...
            X