Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Beatty's untitled Howard Hughes film

I don't expect that anyone, including the film's cast, has seen the full script or a full workprint for the still untitled Howard Hughes Project, other than Warren Beatty himself. So I would not dream of asking for a copy of the former, which is against the rules anyway.

What I am very curious to hear is the current scuttlebutt or buzz about this film (if any) out on the Left Coast, particularly from the industry pros lurking on this board. Anybody here seen any footage or worked on the film, or know somebody who has?

I am sincerely hoping that, despite his prolonged absence from the screen, "The Pro" (as his pal Jack calls him) still has some of the old magic left with the critics and at the box office when this film finally sees the light of day. For an under-the-radar project, he was able to attract quite a few names, including some he has never worked with before. Warren Beatty is somebody who has always done ambitious, daring things when a film is entirely his baby -- and we are badly in need of big statement films these days.

Re: Warren Beatty's untitled Howard Hughes film

Originally posted by Paul Varjak View Post
    I don't expect that anyone, including the film's cast, has seen the full script or a full workprint for the still untitled Howard Hughes Project, other than Warren Beatty himself. So I would not dream of asking for a copy of the former, which is against the rules anyway.

What I am very curious to hear is the current scuttlebutt or buzz about this film (if any) out on the Left Coast, particularly from the industry pros lurking on this board. Anybody here seen any footage or worked on the film, or know somebody who has?

I am sincerely hoping that, despite his prolonged absence from the screen, "The Pro" (as his pal Jack calls him) still has some of the old magic left with the critics and at the box office when this film finally sees the light of day. For an under-the-radar project, he was able to attract quite a few names, including some he has never worked with before. Warren Beatty is somebody who has always done ambitious, daring things when a film is entirely his baby -- and we are badly in need of big statement films these days.
    i saw them filming outside the Pantages theater at Hollywood & Vine a couple years ago. other than that, no real buzz or news to speak of

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      i saw them filming outside the Pantages theater at Hollywood & Vine a couple years ago. other than that, no real buzz or news to speak of
      A couple years ago? I know Warren is known for taking his time with his film projects to make certain everything is perfect, but I do hope he will get this one "into the can" and out into the theaters before too long.

I have read news stories that the film might be shown for the first time during the upcoming film festival season. Hopefully, it will find a distributor so those of us out in the sticks can see it too.

Comment

I have a buddy who worked as an editor on it and he's very excited about the quality of it. That said, I don't expect it to make a big splash. As far as modern audiences go, Beatty might as well be Ned Beatty, sadly.

Comment

Working...
        X