No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trailer for Alien: Covenant

Originally posted by figment View Post
    Read your link -- I think you gave more thought to it than anyone involved in the making of it. I should've read this before I watched it. While on-the-nose is bad, so is being super confused the entire movie, and not even knowing what you're watching.
    That's not me btw, lol. It's some dude who analyzed Prometheus right down to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
      I did like Fassbender's character, what a great actor that guy is. Glad he'll be in the sequel.

ETA: I was mistaken. It's not exactly Fassbender's original character in the sequel -- it's "Walter."
      Indeed yes, but you had to watch Prometheus to appreciate the true nature of Fassbender's character. Watching Alien: Covenant without having checked out Prometheus first would be like seeing Lance Henrikson showing up in ALIEN 3 without having seen Bishop in ALIENS (unthinkable, I know) and missing out on that creepy recognition vibe his character deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
        Indeed yes, but you had to watch Prometheus to appreciate the true nature of Fassbender's character. Watching Alien: Covenant without having checked out Prometheus first would be like seeing Lance Henrikson showing up in ALIEN 3 without having seen Bishop in ALIENS (unthinkable, I know) and missing out on that creepy recognition vibe his character deserves.
        Bishop works so well in Aliens because of the evil robot in Alien. So the robot is in general one of the bearers in the series

Comment

Originally posted by Goliath View Post
          And the story? Seems like a rehash of the original Alien. Just more crew members, i.e. higher body count. Is Katherine Waterson being groomed to be the next Ripley? What happened to Naomi Rapace?

PS: I didn't like Prometheus for demystifying the entire Alien lineage to be nothing more than a bio-weapon gone wrong.

I agree, it seems like every damn beat is seen in Alien. I felt the same way before many times too. Like the Aliens vs Predator trailer. We watch new characters discover the same thing over and over!

As for Doctor Shaw- Noomi's character in prometheus... I want to know what happens to her too. Hopefully she shows up in covenant.

I guess she almost has to. Since the ALIEN planet was different than the Prometheus planet you kind of have to assume that David and Dr. Shaw crashed there along with their newly minted crop of apparently first-generation alien eggs- which would make the Queen in ALIENS the grown-up version of the thing that comes out of the engineer at the end of Prometheus.

But- and here's my real question-

I don't think they had any other choice. I don't think you can get a whole new movie out of whatever happens when Doctor Shaw and a repaired David go to 'talk to' the engineers on their home world or whatever.

I mean come on, ONE engineer turned half the Prometheus crew into dead meat, and after like 3 seconds of hearing David talk. What does she really think is gonna happen if she goes to a whole planet of them?

Comment

Working...
          X