Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Out

If someone wants to discuss this movie and can do so without all the racial commentary and rebukes, feel free to do so. I will delete any and all racially provocative comments, going in either direction.
    We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Re: Get Out

Originally posted by billmarq View Post
    If someone wants to discuss this movie and can do so without all the racial commentary and rebukes, feel free to do so. I will delete any and all racially provocative comments, going in either direction.
    the movie is inherently about race in america. i don't know there can be a discussion about the movie without diving into what Jordan Peele is trying to say in his story. the fact that the previous thread went in the direction it did basically validates the movie's thesis

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      the movie is inherently about race in america. i don't know there can be a discussion about the movie without diving into what Jordan Peele is trying to say in his story. the fact that the previous thread went in the direction it did basically validates the movie's thesis
      pretty much.
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

When the discussion turns personal, it has gone too far.
        We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Guess I missed all the drama. Saw it last night and loved it.

Comment

Guess I missed all the drama.
            Well it was basically the mostly aptly titled thread in DD.
            @hairingtons

Comment

I don't get the positive reviews for this on rotten tomatoes. I was okay with it but only because it finally seemed to pick up at the end.

Spoilers *****

Any normal person would be freaked out by everything going on in that creepy- house. Since I never got the feel it was a town. Course it would've ended early if he would have bolted so I would have had him do his own investigation. Also- why wasn't there a reaction from the parents when they first saw him. Should've have been a close up on them since that was pretty much the premise of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by medic1 View Post

Spoilers *****

Also- why wasn't there a reaction from the parents when they first saw him. Should've have been a close up on them since that was pretty much the premise of the movie.
                Reaction from the parents that he was black? What were they supposed to do? Start screaming and have their mouths dropped to the ground like a cartoon character?
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Any normal person would be freaked out by everything going on in that creepy- house. Since I never got the feel it was a town. Course it would've ended early if he would have bolted so I would have had him do his own investigation. Also- why wasn't there a reaction from the parents when they first saw him. Should've have been a close up on them since that was pretty much the premise of the movie.
                  the parents didn't react because Chris was probably the hundredth or so guy that the daughter had brought home with her to be part of the scheme. the whole point of their routine was to make the victim feel accepted

Comment

but we don't know that. Their reaction- approval, joy, disappointment, is a plot point. They could of even sized him up since everything after that point was over-the-top strange.

I would've liked a subtle look at each other with approval.

Comment

but we don't know that. Their reaction- approval, joy, disappointment, is a plot point. They could of even sized him up since everything after that point was over-the-top strange.

I would've liked a subtle look at each other with approval.
                      that would totally undercut the tension and suspense of the entire second act if the audience knew this was all a set-up from the start

Comment

I read the synopsis for this movie. Like a lot of fairly low budget horror/thriller movies it suffers from an acute case of "stupid-people-itus".

"Something big, growly and toothy is chomping, chewing and spitting us out, one by one, in this dark, scary, haunted mansion. And now Billy-Bob is missing -- let's all separate and see if we can find him."

But this one is doing pretty good at the box office -- so it must have more going for it than what I read in the synopsis.
                        "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                          I read the synopsis for this movie. Like a lot of fairly low budget horror/thriller movies it suffers from an acute case of "stupid-people-itus".

"Something big, growly and toothy is chomping, chewing and spitting us out, one by one, in this dark, scary, haunted mansion. And now Billy-Bob is missing -- let's all separate and see if we can find him."

But this one is doing pretty good at the box office -- so it must have more going for it than what I read in the synopsis.
                          In the film he is warned by his best friend that it's a bad idea. By the time that the situation seems serious enough to flee it has been made very difficult to escape.

Comment

more spoilers *****

I did laugh at the fact that, despite grandma and grandpa getting their new healthy bodies, they were relegated to housekeeper and groundskeeper... heh

Comment

The part where the groundskeeper was running full speed at the main character 3am in pitch dark and then turns off and runs another direction just before crashing into him was funny as hell for some reason.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                              X