Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanic Dolby version

I was excited to see that Titanic has come back for one week only and in the best theater version (Dolby). It's been a while since I've seen that movie, even though I've probably seen it two dozen times. I was surprised at how I still felt the goose bumps and almost teared up a couple of times. Anyone see it this week? It's gone Thursday.

For those who know, why hasn't Leonardo DiCaprio worked with James Cameron since? That was the movie that made him a superstar. It's easily his most iconic movie.

Re: Titanic Dolby version

i was thinking about it. does the Dolby Vision look significantly better than regular film?

Comment

Re: Titanic Dolby version

No. But, for some reason seeing it on the big screen gave me goose bumps that I miss just accidentally crossing it on tv. Maybe, it's because very few films are this good that I felt really moved by it. The visuals were stunning but I was more taken with the Jack/Rose story--it was over the top hokey but somehow very involving---the audience clapped at my viewing. The great thing about the Dolby version is it's using the best screen in the theater--the largest screen with the nicest seats. I've had pleasure of seeing some re-releases of classic films: Gone with the Wind, Godfather, Scarface, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Blade Runner and it was so much better seeing it on the big screen. I wish I had caught the Titanic 3D version when it aired---this film was most fitting for 3D (unlike some of the films these days that do not need 3D). I had reasoned that I would run out to see it, but missed out. This time I ran out right away so I wouldn't procrastinate.

Comment

Working...
      X