Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Predator

As a huge fan of the original I went in with high hopes but fairly low expectations. Came out partially satisfied.

It starts pretty well and there are enough fun / clever moments to keep it moving but overall it's a bit of a mess, some bits work and some don't. I felt the tone was a bit off, the balance between action and humour wasn't spot on like the original. There's one superb Hawkins-esque joke which I'm still laughing at now.

Read that the budget was almost $90m, not sure where that went but it definitely wasn't on the CGI. If you're a fan of the original probably worth seeing, if not doubt you'll get much out of it.

Re: The Predator

I am going to see it tomorrow evening. Same thing, love the original, going into this one with low expectations so hopefully won't be disappointed.

I heard that the studio went in and changed things including getting rid of most of the humor.
    I hate when studios step in and do changes, they usually aren't for the better, and then the film flops and they blame the director and it can squash a property and we won't get any more predator films.

But hopefully this one will do well enough that we can keep on having predators in our lives.

Comment

Looks very low-rent. Also I thought The Nice Guys was chock full of sloppy directing and storytelling, so I wasn't too keen on Black directing this. And this is coming from someone who thinks Predator 2 is pretty good.

Comment

i had a lot of fun. it's a Predator movie -- i go to see the Predators hunt humans and for the humans to fight back -- and it delivers as such. and Shane and Fred Dekker brought their voices hard to the characters. very much the feel of Lethal Weapon, Last Boy Scout, and Long Kiss Goodnight in the banter and action on steroids. hard to top the original because that was just such a streamlined plot but this is a close second in the series based on the ones I've seen

Comment

Can't wait and I don't really love Predator movies.

Comment

Why is it called 'The Predator' when the trailer seems to show several of them?

I wonder if 'The Alien' is on its way.
            Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
            "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

I guess what makes it THE Predator is it's a predator that they send to hunt down other rogue predators bent on giving anti-predator tech to innocent species, for whatever reason.

They should have called it PREDATORER: Now it's 11 feet tall.

P
              A
              R
              D
              A
              C
              K

Comment

Working...
              X