• Venom

Anyone seen this one yet?

Re: Venom

... or will anyone see this?
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I went to see Venom since my original posting.
      I honestly thought it was a lot of fun. If you don't take it seriously and go in with no expectations you might actually enjoy yourself.

I was worried since I read they cut out about 40 mins of the film. Usually when that happens you can really tell and the story doesn't add up. But this one did fine. I could tell there was something missing, but I am not sure if it is because I went in with fore-knowledge or not.

The jokes work well and I read that a lot of the banter between Venom and Tom Hardy's character was all Tom's improv and I must say he did very good in this aspect.

I had a big issue with Michelle Williams. I am not a fan of her acting style normally, but in this film it seems she phoned it in. Even when she is supposed to be looking at Tom and talking to him she seemed out of it and kind of stared off to the side of him, not really looking at him. Weird.

So if you want a film where you can laugh some and not have to think a lot and just have some marvel character fun, go see Venom.

Comment

I think the main problem is for me it feels like we just had the Venom storyline in Spider Man 3. I get really distracted by feeling like they can't make up a narrative and stick with it.

This also drove me nuts when they had Quicksilver in two movies within 8 months of each other and they couldn't bother to reconcile the two movies together.

I didn't think this was necessary. I dunno. Maybe I'm just Tom Hardyed out. I didn't really buy into this movie.

P
        A
        R
        D
        A
        C
        K

Comment

Working...
        X