X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pabloamigo
    replied
    Re: "Bad" Movies You Love

Someone mentioned Hudson Hawk earlier, but how about the stone-cold Lehmann classic, Airheads.

Pair with Empire Records for the ultimate mid-90s alt rock double bill!

Leave a comment:

• Hernan Giaggio
    replied

Originally posted by medic1 View Post
    ...Kristy Swanson
    Now that's a name I haven't heard or thought of in over a decade.

Leave a comment:

• Clint Hill
    replied

Invaders from Mars (1953)

Leave a comment:

• medic1
    replied

Highway to Hell with Chad Lowe and Kristy Swanson

Leave a comment:

• RogerOThornhill
    replied

A film that was reviled by some critics and shunned by ticket buyers ...

I do kinda love this one: Hudsucker Proxy

I actually saw it in a theater during its wide theatrical release...very, very few people can say that.

Leave a comment:

• RogerOThornhill
    replied

I hate to admit this, but I can watch some Roger Corman films...no need to watch them twice...however...since some of the same stock footage shows up repeatedly in numerous films.

Leave a comment:

• sherbetbizarre
    replied

Extreme Ops (2002) A team of extreme sport pros outwit terrorists while filming a commercial in the Alps. Terrible, yet strangely compelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZoACTYqwbg

"Wooooo! Let's go!"

Leave a comment:

• DaltWisney
    replied

Commando has been a not-very guilty pleasure for a long time. It's so over-the-top corny and unrealistic that I think it only works if you take it as a comedy.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied

Ack ack! Mars Attacks Ack ack!

Leave a comment:

• DDoc
    replied

Willy and Shortround do their part to crap it up but I thought it was a fun adventure movie. Haven't seen it in a while though.

Leave a comment:

• docgonzo
    replied

Ugh, Temple is just a bad movie, period. I can't stand that one, and I love the other two. Such a piece of crap.

Leave a comment:

• Satriales
    replied

Temple is so much better than Last Crusade. That's not even a hot take.

Leave a comment:

• DDoc
    replied

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    Lost World? -- you win the game!!!

Temple of Doom is my favorite too (not the best thought to me). But it's the one I grew up with and other 80s kids. I assume i saw this movie before Raiders as I was 6.
    Haha. I think Temple of Doom as my favorite is also a nostalgia thing.

It'll be hard to defend Lost World over the first so I won't bother. Maybe it's nostalgia as well. I'll just say that the T-rex in the creek and the "keep out of the long grass" scenes are two of my all time favorites out of any movie. I get pumped just thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
    The John Wick movies have stellar fight choreography. The best I've seen in years.

The Lost World is my favorite Jurassic Park movie. Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. Maybe I'm weird (though I'll admit both of these had some annoying characters). I also have a thing for cheesy old fantasy movies. Legend, The 13th Warrior, Conan, Black Cauldron, the old Ray Harryhausen Sinbad films, etc.
    Lost World? -- you win the game!!!

Temple of Doom is my favorite too (not the best thought to me). But it's the one I grew up with and other 80s kids. I assume i saw this movie before Raiders as I was 6.

Leave a comment:

• DDoc
    replied

The John Wick movies have stellar fight choreography. The best I've seen in years.

The Lost World is my favorite Jurassic Park movie. Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. Maybe I'm weird (though I'll admit both of these had some annoying characters). I also have a thing for cheesy old fantasy movies. Legend, The 13th Warrior, Conan, Black Cauldron, the old Ray Harryhausen Sinbad films, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X