The Invisible Man

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Invisible Man

    Joebanks did you see it?

    I liked it but some things didn't make sense. Maybe it was because of the 9 million dollar budget.

    Anyone see it???
    I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

  • #2
    Re: The Invisible Man

    Originally posted by nycscreenwriter View Post
    Joebanks did you see it?

    I liked it but some things didn't make sense. Maybe it was because of the 9 million dollar budget.

    Anyone see it???
    I watched it 2-3 weeks ago. A good film with a couple of moments that undermined it - specifically.....


    **SPOILER**

    She slashes her wrists along her arm - supposedly irreparable - and yet not only does she live but she never loses a drop of blood.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Invisible Man

      The movie was watchable but it could of been better.

      And I wouldn't read further if you haven't seen it.

      My friend also noted the cut in her wrist. That shot of her wrist not bleeding didn't help either.

      It was funny watching the cop take his daughter and leave HIS HOUSE. If you have a mental person in your house, you do not leave them alone in your house.

      The cop alone listening in on the wire that the protagonist had on was also ridiculous. Where's the rest of the police department?

      Good luck contest writers cause we're all not allowed to make these mistakes.
      I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Invisible Man

        Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
        **SPOILER**

        She slashes her wrists along her arm - supposedly irreparable - and yet not only does she live but she never loses a drop of blood.
        The UK rating board always removes those shot - in case someone's inclined to copy it. We just saw her wrist and blade in the reverse shot. So I guess they improved the film!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Invisible Man

          Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
          The UK rating board always removes those shot - in case someone's inclined to copy it. We just saw her wrist and blade in the reverse shot. So I guess they improved the film!
          No they don't. Neither was the scene cut from this film.She just magically did not bleed or suffer. The ratings board - far more liberal than the US -has no influence on how the plot plays out after inflicting such a wound. Watch the film and you'll see what I mean.

          BTW, the last film I watched - Freddy vs Jason on Sunday morning - features a guy with vertically-slit wrists and blood spurting. UK edition.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Invisible Man

            Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
            No they don't.
            Well, apparently it's OK for an 18 rating...

            THE INVISIBLE MAN (2020)

            During post-production, the distributor sought and was given advice on how to secure the desired classification. Following this advice, certain changes were made prior to submission

            Note: The following text may contain spoilers

            This film was originally seen for advice. The company was advised it was likely to be classified 18 uncut but that their preferred 15 classification could be obtained by making small changes to one scene to remove bloody injury detail during an attempted suicide. When the film was submitted for formal classification, the shots in question had been removed and the film was classified 15.
            https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/invisible-man-2020

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Invisible Man

              Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
              Well, apparently it's OK for an 18 rating...


              https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/invisible-man-2020
              And even allowing for that, it makes no sense why she was perfectly okay and unaffected throughout the rest of the film. No bandages, no surgery, no scars - I doubt they reshot the entire last 30 minutes. Not having blood - preposterous as that is - as she slices her wrist is one thing, not having any drops of blood or ill effect thereafter is another. And there'd be no problem with showing her character dripping blood in the hallway in a 15-rated film. No close-up of the wound required, either.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Invisible Man

                Originally posted by nycscreenwriter View Post
                The movie was watchable but it could of been better.

                And I wouldn't read further if you haven't seen it.

                My friend also noted the cut in her wrist. That shot of her wrist not bleeding didn't help either.

                It was funny watching the cop take his daughter and leave HIS HOUSE. If you have a mental person in your house, you do not leave them alone in your house.

                The cop alone listening in on the wire that the protagonist had on was also ridiculous. Where's the rest of the police department?

                Good luck contest writers cause we're all not allowed to make these mistakes.
                I don't think you have to worry about a contest writer pulling off something as deft as that movie.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Invisible Man

                  Originally posted by Satriales View Post
                  I don't think you have to worry about a contest writer pulling off something as deft as that movie.
                  True dat.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X