No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Invisible Man

Joebanks did you see it?

I liked it but some things didn't make sense. Maybe it was because of the 9 million dollar budget.

Anyone see it???
    I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

Re: The Invisible Man

Originally posted by nycscreenwriter View Post
    Joebanks did you see it?

I liked it but some things didn't make sense. Maybe it was because of the 9 million dollar budget.

Anyone see it???
    I watched it 2-3 weeks ago. A good film with a couple of moments that undermined it - specifically.....

**SPOILER**

She slashes her wrists along her arm - supposedly irreparable - and yet not only does she live but she never loses a drop of blood.
    M.A.G.A.

Comment

The movie was watchable but it could of been better.

And I wouldn't read further if you haven't seen it.

My friend also noted the cut in her wrist. That shot of her wrist not bleeding didn't help either.

It was funny watching the cop take his daughter and leave HIS HOUSE. If you have a mental person in your house, you do not leave them alone in your house.

The cop alone listening in on the wire that the protagonist had on was also ridiculous. Where's the rest of the police department?

Good luck contest writers cause we're all not allowed to make these mistakes.
      I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
        **SPOILER**

She slashes her wrists along her arm - supposedly irreparable - and yet not only does she live but she never loses a drop of blood.
        The UK rating board always removes those shot - in case someone's inclined to copy it. We just saw her wrist and blade in the reverse shot. So I guess they improved the film!

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
          The UK rating board always removes those shot - in case someone's inclined to copy it. We just saw her wrist and blade in the reverse shot. So I guess they improved the film!
          No they don't. Neither was the scene cut from this film.She just magically did not bleed or suffer. The ratings board - far more liberal than the US -has no influence on how the plot plays out after inflicting such a wound. Watch the film and you'll see what I mean.

BTW, the last film I watched - Freddy vs Jason on Sunday morning - features a guy with vertically-slit wrists and blood spurting. UK edition.
          M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
            No they don't.
            Well, apparently it's OK for an 18 rating...

THE INVISIBLE MAN (2020)

During post-production, the distributor sought and was given advice on how to secure the desired classification. Following this advice, certain changes were made prior to submission

Note: The following text may contain spoilers

This film was originally seen for advice. The company was advised it was likely to be classified 18 uncut but that their preferred 15 classification could be obtained by making small changes to one scene to remove bloody injury detail during an attempted suicide. When the film was submitted for formal classification, the shots in question had been removed and the film was classified 15.
            https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/invisible-man-2020

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
              Well, apparently it's OK for an 18 rating...

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/invisible-man-2020
              And even allowing for that, it makes no sense why she was perfectly okay and unaffected throughout the rest of the film. No bandages, no surgery, no scars - I doubt they reshot the entire last 30 minutes. Not having blood - preposterous as that is - as she slices her wrist is one thing, not having any drops of blood or ill effect thereafter is another. And there'd be no problem with showing her character dripping blood in the hallway in a 15-rated film. No close-up of the wound required, either.
              M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by nycscreenwriter View Post
                The movie was watchable but it could of been better.

And I wouldn't read further if you haven't seen it.

My friend also noted the cut in her wrist. That shot of her wrist not bleeding didn't help either.

It was funny watching the cop take his daughter and leave HIS HOUSE. If you have a mental person in your house, you do not leave them alone in your house.

The cop alone listening in on the wire that the protagonist had on was also ridiculous. Where's the rest of the police department?

Good luck contest writers cause we're all not allowed to make these mistakes.
                I don't think you have to worry about a contest writer pulling off something as deft as that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
                  I don't think you have to worry about a contest writer pulling off something as deft as that movie.
                  True dat.
                  M.A.G.A.

Comment

Working...
                  X