Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post
    I have no problem with the Academy's behind the scenes business side of the required inclusions.
    Originally posted by Prezzy
    a movie could have a Black Gaffer, a Latina DP, and an Asian marketing team, and that alone would satisfy the Oscar B and D requirements, which would be enough to qualify regardless if the movie met ANY of the A requirements.
    So this conversation is over, right?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post

So this conversation is over, right?
      At least there was a conversation that has included some nuance. It's better than some has been sitcom actress tweeting "Oscar Orwell".

"A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

• Asian
        • Hispanic/Latinx
        • Black/African American
        • Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
        • Middle Eastern/North African
        • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
        According to a DNA test, I have three of the above in my otherwise humdrum Celt-ash/Shamdinavian profile.

Question. Do I have to wait until 2024 to grab my Oscar?

Covid 22 will likely have swept us all away by then, and if not then there's a distinct possibility that White Supremacy will have roared back with a vengeance, and what would have won the world for me -- that non-Wonder-Bread input -- will by then be another ticket back to Palookaville.

I need that Oscar dough to move into a nice missile silo in the Nuevo Mejico mountains where I can ride out the incoming apocalypse. MY GENES such as they are MUST SURVIVE!!!

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Otto Schrenck View Post

I need that Oscar dough to move into a nice missile silo in the Nuevo Mejico mountains where I can ride out the incoming apocalypse.

Please advise.
          We're already full. Sorry dude.

Comment

Working...
          X