Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amadeus

Well, there's more than just rumor that underpins this film.

Someone did anonymously pay Mozart to write the Requiem so that he could claim it as his own.

And Mozart love to be a player, genius that he was.

The Salieri component is not proven, but there was tremendous professional anxiety from Salieri. Who ever could live up to Mozart's tremendous talent?

Anyone whose sung Requiem loves this movie. It is one of my top ten fav movies of all time.

Typical Milos Forman. Big Czech scenery.
    Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

Salieri was a mush more talented writer and gifted and generous teacher than was depicted in the film. He sponsored and taught many of the world's greatest composers, most of which considered him to be a great master and generous benefactor who gave much of his time and wealth to helping new music talent grow.

But the highly fictionalized character and his relationship with Mozart is almost perfect for the story.
      Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

A friend of mine who is a Mozart fanatic railed against the film for its historical inaccuracies (Mozart had six children, not one, being the most glaring problem).

She missed the point that this was NOT a historical film, but a character piece, pitting Salieri, the "mediocre" who could recognize genius but did not have it himself.

I was a bit spoiled by the fact that I saw Amadeus first as a play. The play just blew me away; so I couldn't help comparing it to the film (and what they left out of the film - frex, "he stole my march!" was in the play, but was left out of the film; or changed for the purposes of making it movie-ish instead of play-ish - having Salieri confess to a priest instead of the audience, thus taking away a connection between Salieri, the ordinary man and us ordinary people).

That being said, I, too, loved the movie (though not as much as the play), and Abraham's performance was absolutely terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by TDWoj
          A friend of mine who is a Mozart fanatic railed against the film for its historical inaccuracies (Mozart had six children, not one, being the most glaring problem).

She missed the point that this was NOT a historical film, but a character piece, pitting Salieri, the "mediocre" who could recognize genius but did not have it himself.

I was a bit spoiled by the fact that I saw Amadeus first as a play. The play just blew me away; so I couldn't help comparing it to the film (and what they left out of the film - frex, "he stole my march!" was in the play, but was left out of the film; or changed for the purposes of making it movie-ish instead of play-ish - having Salieri confess to a priest instead of the audience, thus taking away a connection between Salieri, the ordinary man and us ordinary people).

That being said, I, too, loved the movie (though not as much as the play), and Abraham's performance was absolutely terrific.
          Poor Salieri. He has what he was characterised to have so coveted from Wolfgang: his own "immortality."

Yet, he is remembered for the wrong reason.
          Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

This is my number one favorite movie of all times fallowed quickly by the play as my favorite play of all time.

The Requiem dictation scene is priceless as far as I'm concerned.
            Faster would be better! ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

I share a birthday with Mozart. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Schuster
                I share a birthday with Mozart. So there.
                Man, you are old!

Comment

Turned 250 two weeks ago, and I don't look a day over 187!

Comment

Loved this movie. Seemed like 90 minutes rather than 180. F. Murray's acting is on a level that is seldom reached these days. The music and cinematography are excellent.

Comment

have had my tivo set to record this for about three years,,,,

never comes on and i dont believe in renting
                      "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
                      Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Originally posted by andlary1
                        Poor Salieri. He has what he was characterised to have so coveted from Wolfgang: his own "immortality."

Yet, he is remembered for the wrong reason.
                        kinda like me. sigh.

happy bday, jake.

Comment

Thanks, IHT!

Comment

Working...
                          X