Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic room

Did any of you like Panic room when you saw it? It felt unsatisfying for me in some way but I can´t figure out why.
    - Tomas

Re: Panic room

Originally posted by tomasz1985
    Did any of you like Panic room when you saw it? It felt unsatisfying for me in some way but I can´t figure out why.
    It felt unsatisfying because it WAS unsatisfying. Fincher was more focused on visual tricks and wow-wee FX shots than an interesting story. (Fault also goes to the overrated David Koepp in this arena....)

Comment

My expectations were pretty low and it about lived up. So technically it satisfied my low expectations - but no, I wouldn't call it satisfying.
      Just one more reason to get hammered tonight.

Comment

I actually had high expectations for the movie because of the concept and the concept is probably the reason that people had low expectations but I wanted to know how the writer would make a movie with people trapped in a small room satisfying. It didn´t work for me though.

I don´t know if the purpose was to make me cheer for Burnham. The antagonist should be a strong opposition to the protagonist but I just wanted Jodie to let Brunham & co in so they could get what they wanted and then get out without anyone getting hurt. Just like if someone robbed me on the street. I would give them the stuff and cooperate. Burnham was a nice guy and it felt that the movie was about him after about half way into the movie.

What are your thoughts on the story? I´ve only heard it beeing praised by people who like the directing and couldn´t care less about the story.
        - Tomas

Comment

Tried to watch it twice and quit at the thirty-minute mark. The dialogue was stilted when not downright absurd, the character of the daughter completely unbelievable, and the plot-holes were beginning to show all too clearly.

Comment

I bought it and have seen it several times. The film had a few problems but t he one thing I can't forgive is the the bad guy saving the hero in the end. This whole movie I have been rooting for the woman and int he end she just lies there and screams until she is saved. Ugh. What a major let down and it totally works against her arc.
            Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

If the bad guys hadn't been such total morons, and done so many stupid things, in order to just more the story forward, then it would've been better. I dug the premise, like that movie with James Brolin where he's stuck in the dept. store, and the place is infested with patrolling guard dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Erehwon
                ...I dug the premise, like that movie with James Brolin where he's stuck in the dept. store, and the place is infested with patrolling guard dogs.
                That movie sounds more interesting. What's it called?

Comment

sounds like die hard.

Comment

I hated the ending. I kept wanting Forrest Whittaker to get away with it. Overall, I liked the show, but felt it odd I was rooting for the antagonist. Agree that Koepp made him too sympathetic.

Jodie Foster's character just struck me as an ingrate. For saving her family's life, I would have like to have seen her lie to the cops on his behalf and split the money with him.

I like the way david koepp starts the script....

This is fast...
                    This is furious...

Made me feel as a reader I was being strapped into a rollercoaster with a master writer as my tour guide. I didn't even know who he was when I read the script the first time.

Comment

I loved the ending! The pain. The irony. The arbitrary persecution.

Although, Fincher sometimes screams "Look what I got the camera to do this time!" with his photogrammetry.

Notice the reference to Edgar Allan Poe, but the lady thinks that Meg is speaking about some singer. "I love her latest album."

Comment

I enjoyed the movie while just watching it the first time. But after that I picked up on some of the many plot holes that stick out like a sore thumb. A decent movie. Nothing but entertainment.

Comment

The James Brolin movie was I think a TV movie, and it was called Trapped, from about 1973, so it way pre-dates Die Hard. He gets really f'd up in it, too. All the guard dogs are huge Dobermans.

Comment

I remember that movie. It was pretty good.
                            Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

I remember it. Entertaining, as TV movies go.
                              Just one more reason to get hammered tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X