Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elephant's Batman Begins review...spoiler free, I think

I just saw it tonight and absolutely loved it. Yeah, there are a couple of things I'd change, but who the hell cares?

And whoever said it wasn't funny enough and it took itself too seriously can bite me.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy
      You can't expect Batman to save the lives of all the people trying to murder him... if they had all done the right thing and focused on escaping right away rather than trying to kill Batman, they probably would have all been safe and sound.
      You don't see the irony in Batman refusing to kill the man (who was naked and bound) and his actions cause him to be burned alive instead of being beheaded by Bruce? Batman refused to kill him - then for all intents and purposes turns around and kills him.

Do you really think the naked guy was trying to kill the only man who didn't want him dead, or that it's his own fault he was barbecued?
      Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

I think that scene, Deus, showed Bruce discovering he was being conned. I believe he said he would go to Gotham and fight the bad guys, but not participate in a terrorist-like team. Things got more tense. And they made it very clear to Bruce, kill this man and join us, or die. So in that instant, those people became no different from the bad guys Bruce would seek out to bring to justice. If they were killed, they were most likely deserving in Bruce's eyes. And for some credit, it wasn't murder or execution. It was self defense. It's forgivable in the fight for justice.

Ele...

Comment

The naked guy who was tied up was NOT attacking Bruce so you can't claim that burning him alive was an act of self defense.

Bruce/Bats does not kill, ever, even in self defense. That is the one thing that separates him from the bad guys. Otherwise you could say every situation he puts himself in, when he jumps a bad guy, he is acting in self defense and so he is justified in killing. Bruce refused to kill, even a man who deserved it, because he did not want to cross that line that separated him from criminals.

Then he turned around and barbecued the guy alive.
          Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

Working...
          X