Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Island

Isn't this a remake of an older movie, from the late 70's/ early 80's?

I swear that MST3K did this movie. Guy had black, curly hair. They found a pepsi can. If they had any questions, they went to a "phonebooth" and asked the operator the question and get an answer. discovered they were clones for body part harvesting.

Re: The Island

ever see Logan's Run?

Comment

Yes yes, but The Island is a direct rip from this other, older movie. But Logan's is different, they're not clones bred for part replacment.

Althought, in the older movie they called it "going to America" rather than "going to the Island"

Comment

Heh. I was wondering how I missed the part where Logan's Run revealed the characters were clones bred for replacement parts.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078062/

Parts: The Clonus Horror.

Thank you obsesive MST3K fans.

when the Island hits the screens, I wouldn't be surprised by a round of law suits.

[i]edited[/edited] I was wrong, Parts came out in 79 and I'm pretty sure that Logan came out in 77/78.
          whistlelock
          Last edited by whistlelock; 07-01-2005, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I've heard of that, but I've never seen it. Sounds like a good premise; shame it sucked bad enough to be lampooned on MST3K.

Then there's Coma, also from the late 1970s. It didn't have clones, but it was about a hospital where relatively healthy people are being put into comas and whisked away so they can serve as unwitting organ donors.

Comment

I dont care if it's ripped from something else - ****e, what isn't these days - I've been waiting for this movie for a long time, since, as most of you know, I'm a Scarlett Johansson fan. Still can't find my totally awesome avatar....

Anyways, I used to be a little disappointed about this movie and used to wish production death upon it, but now that it has promotional items and everything, I have decided to be excited about it. I'm just pissed Scarlett is doing such a big movie. Bitch. And, from what I've read about it, it seems like a little Brave New World-ish theme wise.
              ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Comment

I'd read the original, Tredwell-Owen script and liked it very much. Not sure what the revision has turned it into, though.

Comment

Was it revised numerous times?
                  ~* Kelsey *~

Comment

I dont care if it's ripped from something else - ****e, what isn't these days
                    Whoa, is the board censoring the word ****e, now?

Wow, it really is.

What about former Japanese Prime Minster Noburo Take****a?

What about ****ake mushrooms?

Amazing.

Comment

I've been looking forward to the film, too, but I'm a little disappointed as it seems Bay has already run out of cool ways to wreck cars and has resorted to recycling tricks from BAD BOYS 2.

Slight Spoiler Below...but only if you're really anal about these things....

There was an "extended" trailer of sorts of MTV early this AM that showed quit a bit of the freeway chase. I guess the Ewan and Scarlett characters find themselves on this flatbed truck loaded with train car wheels that they start rolling off into the path of the pursuing vehicles.

Explosions and cool flips result, but it's definitely lost some of its luster considering we saw the same gag two years ago....

Comment

Refried --
                        And here I was thinking I was playing it safe by adding the 'e'
                        ~* Kelsey *~

Comment

Yeah...is "s h i t e" even considered obscene where it comes from, the UK? I don't know.

Comment

Excuse me, but I have to take my ****su out for a walk.

Comment

Working...
                            X