Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Island

Just saw a sneak peek of this tonight. Very entertaining and by far the best film Michael Bay has ever done. Loses its focus in the third act with a few cheap dramatic developments, but the set-up is extremely intriguing, peppered with amazing action set-pieces that had the audience's jaws dropping. For optimum enjoyment, I'd highly suggest knowing as little as possible about this film going in. I had no idea what "The Island" actually was and that's part of the fun.

Production design was mind-blowing. The look of this film is worth the ticket price alone. You can tell every dollar spent is on that screen. Scarlett has never looked sexier.
    Twitter: @WriterLe

Re: The Island

I saw the sneak preview too, and although the set up was kind of unfocused and it stole ideas from just about every scifi actioner under the sun, I enjoyed it too. If I had known less about it I would have probably enjoyed it more. Pesky ad gave everything away.

When Bay is in his chase element he is king. The sequences are definitely white-knuckle stuff. McGregor is good, but better in the 2nd role if you know what I mean. Scarlett is my favorite young actress and a real screen presence. I wouldn't say it's Bay's best though. That honor is still held by the "The Rock", but it sure beats the pants off "Bad Boys 2" and "Pearl Harbor."

Comment

Originally posted by The White Album
      by far the best film Michael Bay has ever done.
      I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. Few things are worse than the sh-t that Bay has done the past few.....well, in his whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by supergeri
        That honor is still held by the "The Rock", but it sure beats the pants off "Bad Boys 2" and "Pearl Harbor."
        I know I'm in the minority, but I hated THE ROCK. BAD BOYS 2 was fun until the silly Cuban ending.
        Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

There was a sneak preview?

Dang iiiit.
          ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Comment

It was nice to see the shot in the trailer of Johansson and Mcgregor silhouetted againsted the massive seeting sun, an obvious homage to George Lucas' THX-1138. At least Bay has done some homework. I will definitely see this film and expect it to be a good ride.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBitHack
              It was nice to see the shot in the trailer of Johansson and Mcgregor silhouetted againsted the massive seeting sun, an obvious homage to George Lucas' THX-1138. At least Bay has done some homework. I will definitely see this film and expect it to be a good ride.
              Since when is an obvious rip-off and blatant display of unoriginality a good thing?

Comment

Homage is fine.

Comment

Homage, yeah but not a blatant rip. He ripped Parts: the clonus horror.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBitHack
                    Homage is fine.
                    Immitation is the nicest form of flattery, but duplication. Recreating something from another movie is simply being unoriginal for the sake of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X