No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Million Dollar Baby

maybe the single most overrated film in the history of cinema. two scenes away from bein purchased by life time.

vig

Comment

Lifetime wasn't in business when it was made, Vig. And hardly overrated (by whose standards, yours?). Watch the scene when Frederic March returns home and his wife isn't yet aware he's inside the front door. It's a superb use of space and time and the magic of delay.

Comment

Originally posted by vig
          maybe the single most overrated film in the history of cinema. two scenes away from bein purchased by life time.

vig
          Not true. Right behind Mystic River and Chicago.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

well as a matter of fact i just has a couple slices at mystic river last month. anyway. mystic river was a better movie.

vig

Comment

Better than "The Best Years of Our Lives"? I'm not sure how they can be compared. One is a story of soldiers back from a war; the other about a bunch of guys in Boston and a murder.

Comment

i think Vig meant Million Dollar Baby was two scenes away from being purchased by life time, and Mystic River is better than Million Dollar Baby. Not "Best Years..."
                Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

That's cool. Now I feel much better.

Comment

wow, sorry. i had pizza at mystic pizza last month. i loved mystic river and it was double the movie million dollar baby was.

vig

Comment

• Re: Million Dollar Baby

I don't this film either:

It's perfectly legal to turn off machine support. The andrenalin shot is quite painful. Something Haggis missed.
                      The use of the mentally disabled was in bad taste. You knew the confrontation was coming.
                      "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

That's a relief! I thought you meant Best Years of our Lives too. Then I immediately composed a post about arrogant Generation Xers who know nothing about the greatest generation!

Hairy, about manipulation. The scene in church with Eastwood and the priest?

a
                        Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

[quote=Jake Schuster]http://translate.google.com/translate_t
                          Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

Working...
                          X