Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Darko - Director's Cut

I've been a BIG fan of this film since I saw the original release, but I popped in the Director's Cut DVD this weekend for the 1st time, and man... what an amazing flick. This is going down on my all time favorite list. The extra 20 minutes add so much to the film. It's a rich, funny, dark, brilliant piece of work. And to think this was Richard Kelly's 1st film... DAMN!

Incidentally, the "Darkomentary" on the film's #1 fan is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. If you're a fan of the film, you've got to get this DVD!

Re: Donnie Darko - Director's Cut

I recently rented the director's cut for my first viewing of the movie. I loved it. And some great music. But what was added that wasn't in the theatrical version? I can't imagine that it was better than this version. Great work from Kelly, looking forward to his second project.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

One of the coolest things about the Director's Cut was showing chapters from the book The Philosophy of Time Travel by Roberta Sparrow. Those moments are not in the original and make the Director's Cut richer and more cohesive.

Whitenavel, you also mentioned the music. Kelly even changed some of the songs for the Director's Cut, which I thought was interesting. I recommend renting the original to see the differences, because they are substantial.

Comment

The Director's Cut was my intro to DONNIE DARK, too. Can't say I loved the film as much as most, but there's absolutely no denying it's one of the most impressive film debuts of any recent filmmaker. Soundtrack kicked major ass....

Looking forward to seeing RK's words as interpretted by Tony "Let's Go Schizo With the Camera" Scott with DOMINO.

Comment

Working...
        X