Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth

I just saw Jaime Fox on Letterman and even he thinks the movie is gonna suck. His sum up of the movie "It's a popcorn, pepsi kinda movie where stuff blows up. That's what I like, see me blowing stuff up. I, uh, I made this movie before I even signed up for Ray. They've had it for a few years and they're releasing it now."

Re: Stealth

Nothing like spending millions to make a movie and having the star go on national television and say it sucks.

(He could've let us figure that out from the ads.)

Comment

I don't need Jamie Foxx, or anybody else for that matter, to tell me that this is going to be a total suck-fest.

Comment

the trailer pretty much gives away the plot: three hotshot navy pilots and their unit are assigned a state of the art, AI-driven robot plane. the robot plane becomes "sentient" and starts attacking stuff and i'm guessing the three hotshot pilots are brought in to shoot it down (and prove that people are better than machines. yay people!). at some stage one of them will die, probably the guy that isn't having the relationship with jessica biel.

it's like wargames, but in a plane (and lacking the hotness of ally sheedy). if the finale is jamie foxx playing tic-tac-toe with the plane, i wouldn't be surprised. =)
        Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

Again, negative vibes all over the place!

From Jamie Fox's comments posted above, he did not say that the movie sucked.

And are you, habronic, saying that since "the trailer pretty much gives away the plot" that this is something a trailer should not do? Of course, trailers give away the plot. That's because they seek to hook the potential audience? Action flicks usually follow a predictable formula. Heck, most popcorn movies do. This is a futuristic, sci-fi action/adventure, and the trailer announces that superbly.

I don't understand the negativity by people who hope to become screenwriters. If movies flop, you won't have a job making films.

I'm going to go see it, and I will enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Rivers
            And are you, habronic, saying that since "the trailer pretty much gives away the plot" that this is something a trailer should not do? Of course, trailers give away the plot. That's because they seek to hook the potential audience? Action flicks usually follow a predictable formula. Heck, most popcorn movies do. This is a futuristic, sci-fi action/adventure, and the trailer announces that superbly.
            a movie trailer should give you an overall idea of what the film's about and whet your appetite for more. it shouldn't give you all the major plot points and let you fill in the blanks to the stage where you don't even need to see the film to know what happens.

if you didn't roll your eyes after seeing the stealth trailer then you and i want different things from our movies. i couldn't give a toss about amazing special effects and awesome action scenes. if the movie doesn't have a compelling story then all that fluff is pointless. i'm not the type of person who usually says "i haven't seen this, but it'll suck", but trust me, this is gonna suck. i'm yet to see a rob cohen movie i actually enjoyed. XXX was an abomination and i'm betting this will be too.

Originally posted by Jordan Rivers
            I don't understand the negativity by people who hope to become screenwriters. If movies flop, you won't have a job making films.
            we express negativity because this is a bad film. hollywood tries to feed the consumer sh!t and we happily line up to buy it. don't get me wrong, i really love the great summer blockbusters, movies like Pirates of the Carribean, Spiderman 1 & 2, and the Bourne Identity. But, when hollywood tries to sell us crap like Van Helsing, Day after Tomorrow, and Stealth, that's when we express our negativity. it may seem pessimistic to you, but really it's optimism, because we "hope against hope" that somewhere in some LA office some studio exec is thinking "they're not going to see these crappy special-effects driven movies anymore. maybe we should, you know, start making better films."

so, if you think you're gonna enjoy it based on the trailer, then knock yourself out. but, i know crap when i see it.

Comment

What I really love about this trailer is the REVOLUTIONARY turning point in the film. How does the AI plane become sentient? It gets struck by lightning!!!!! Wow. Hell, guess it worked for Johnny 5.

This is gonna be awful - unless somehow despite all the things we know, it manages somehow to turn the genre on it's head. But it's made obviously for one thing - getting butts in seats. It's dumb enough to get that in droves.

Comment

From Jamie Fox's comments posted above, he did not say that the movie sucked.
                You had to see his body language and hear his tone of voice. This was a guy embarrassed about his new movie and apologizing for it even before its release.

Comment

How does the AI plane become sentient? It gets struck by lightning!!!!!
                  I had a VCR struck by lightning. It didn't exactly become "sentient". It sorta became "dead".

And about Stealth? Jessica Biel. Mmmm.........

Comment

Originally posted by zz9
                    I had a VCR struck by lightning. It didn't exactly become "sentient". It sorta became "dead".
                    if you'd buried it in a VCR sematary it could've worked again...

... only it'd be an EVIL VCR!

it wouldn't possess your house or anything, it'd refuse to tape the programs you want and just end up taping reality shows featuring paris hilton and her dog.

and yes, before anyone asks, that did sound funny in my head before i posted it :\

Comment

They've had it for a few years and they're releasing it now
                      I didn't know that. Anyone know how long it was on the shelf?
                      It's skin is rare and highly valued, especially by the vermin itself.

Comment

According to one review I read, Foxx's role isn't even the lead. The stars are Biel and Lucas.

And apparently, when the robot plane is struck by lightning, it says in a deep voice "EDI is war plane. EDI must have targets."

Oh, bruddah. That's like something from the original Star Trek.

Comment

Trailers do not have to conceal plot points in order to draw in an audience.

This movie has not even been released, and people call it crap. I'd like to know what "crap" means. And I don't know why someone would say Day After Tomorrow & Company are crap, while the Spiderman movies are not.

Granted, some people cannot or refuse to willingly suspend disbelief for sci-fi or fantasy or supernatural stories. That does not mean that they are crap. I have a difficult time conditioning myself for magic stories like HARRY POTTER. But that's my personal taste. I would not say HARRY POTTER is crap based on my personal taste. Indeed, I think that the HARRY POTTER movies possess well-crafted scripts, and great production values.

Whatever the plot points of STEALTH, they will be infinitely more believable than the plot points of HARRY POTTER. At least science fiction, like STEALTH, is based on science and technology. You don't believe that lightening (of course, we're assuming it's only lightening) can fry and perhaps re-program computers. Maybe not. But I don't think anyone would have thought that falling insulation would bring down the Columbia.

For all those who say a movie is crap, I'd like to read, just once, a full critical accounting, with evidence and logical argumentation. Rather than just glib, off-the-cuff remarks.

And I don't care what the newspaper critics say. These people make their remarks against an idealized, impossible movie they have in their heads; and when a real movie does not measure up to their ideal versions in their heads, they give it a negative review.

Most of you who say these movies are crap, I'd like to compare and contrast your script to the ones you are denigrating. In truth, if you could write "crap" like THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE ISLAND, and STEALTH, you'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Fortunately, you can't write that well, so you smugly find satisfaction in your "superior" scripts that never get read, and thus never sell.

Comment

To be honest - we are human, and we have our views and opinions, therefore we express them. I'm not saying I could write Stealth, I'm saying I wouldn't want to.

It LOOKS crap. So what? I just insulted something I haven't seen. Unfortunately, it happens. If we were to give a solid review of everything we give a derogatory remark too then we'd spend the rest of our lives doing so. Ironically, you did what all of us have done in your thread, Jordan:

Most of you who say these movies are crap, I'd like to compare and contrast your script to the ones you are denigrating. In truth, if you could write "crap" like THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE ISLAND, and STEALTH, you'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Fortunately, you can't write that well, so you smugly find satisfaction in your "superior" scripts that never get read, and thus never sell.

I want to see a SOLID review of all of our lives before you make an off-the-cuff remark like that, otherwise you're not allowed to say it.

Comment

Fortunately, you can't write that well, so you smugly find satisfaction in your "superior" scripts that never get read, and thus never sell.
                              Wait -- did the guy who complained about negativity in two different threads in a single day just post this?

Maybe we should drop the subject of negativity and discuss hypocrisy.

Comment

Working...
                              X