Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremors

There's no character arcs in this. Just a lot of excellent sfx, entertaining suspense and hilarious comic relief. But no character arcs. This movie sucks!

but I love it

Re: Tremors

I think it has something to do with Micheal Gross playing a total gun nut after being type-cast as an American Dad, and Fred Ward punching one of the worms out from the back of the truck.

It should be in the forgotten C horror movie bin, but it's a gem.

I love it too.

It reminds me of Army of Darkness. Campy Horror fun.

Comment

Reba McEntire cracks me up too. Fred Ward should have gotten the girl in the end. He was older and wiser.

Comment

Definitely a guilty pleasure. Some really memorable images in this flick.
        http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

I don't know - Bacon and Ward spend most of the story dreaming of getting out of town, trying to find a way to get out of town... then when they actually have the chance to get out of town they pull a Han Solo.

- Bill
          Free Script Tips:
          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Great movie, for what it was.

And a fantastic film for 6 degrees of kevin bacon. People always tend to forget this one.

Food for five years, a thousand gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, Geiger counter. Bomb shelter! Underground... God damn monsters.

Comment

There is a character arc for the protagonist, played by Kevin Bacon.

In the beginning he does not know how to talk to the lady scientist. By the end of the film, he has learned how to feel more comfortable around girls. Also, through his struggle to survive along with the towns people, his desire to flee the one-horse town of Perfection is replaced by a closer connection to this community. It's not a steep arc; it's very stubtle; but this is a science-fiction creature/action movie, and is not subject to the kinds of character development requirements of, say, a HAMLET.

TREMORS was made to be campy and humorous. It's grown into a great cult film. It does very well what it was intended to do.

Comment

This is one of my all time favorite movie, itâ€TMs all camp which makes it so much fun.

Some of the dialogue just kills me.

My favorite is between Ward and Gross:

â€What kind of fuse is this?â€

â€Cannon fuse?â€

â€What do you use it for?â€

â€For my cannon!â€
                Faster would be better! ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Working...
                X