Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeleton Key...

Just got back from the afternoon show. I was excited about this mainly because of the cast. John Hurt is great and he was very good in this without even really speaking a clear word. Peter Sarsgaard was also good, though a bit under utilized. He reminds me more and more of a young John Malkovich. Kate Hudson and Gena Rowlands were okay. Overall, I expected more scares....and the twist ending that's been talked about so much almost came off as a bit telegraphed in my opinion. The movie didn't really have that sinister/evil undertone that I thought it would.

All in all, it was decent....and i have to say that Kate Hudson and Joy Bryant are very healthy women.
    Last edited by joe9alt; 08-12-2005, 03:13 PM.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Re: Skeleton Key...

Ehren Kruger looks like he'll be taking a beatin' this August: both THE SKELETON KEY and THE BROTHERS GRIMM aren't expected to do very well....

Comment

I'm sure Krugher will maintain his status as highly regarded multi-millionaire screenwriter no matter how the films fare at the box office.
      It's a celebration, bitches.

Comment

Somebody educate me on Kruger....why is he so despised? I read his credits but there'e plenty of writers who've taken big paydays for cheesy flicks....is that the sole reason for the seemingly unique hatred most seem to have for this dude or is there something else I'm missing?
        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I didn't know people hated him. News to me.

I was only posting because just as screenwriters don't get credit when the film does well, he won't get dinged that much if they don't.

But I have to root for Grimm, because the world needs a lot more Terry Gilliam.

Comment

I don't hate Kruger. And I know his status won't be affected, either.

I was just being a smartass....

Comment

That's okay. I was too.

Comment

The world most definitely needs more Terry Gilliam. If I could clone him, I would. Multiple times. And then I'd force clone #6 (it has to be #6) to direct one of my scripts.

Bwahahahaha!

Oh, also...

Bad Liver?

I don't even know her!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

(Yeah, I've been drinking again.)

Comment

This looks terrible and I wouldn't blame Kruger for that. I blame Iain Softley and Kate Hudson. Hudson is wayyyyyyyyy overrated. One good film and one good performance does not make her Hollywood royalty.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Haven't seen Skeleton Key, but I was looking forward to it. But now, I guess I'll just simply go with low expectations.

Why am I not surprised.

Comment

It's actually a reasonably tight thriller. It moves along pretty nice. Not too many scares, but the underlying mystery is enough to keep interest. I actually despise Kate Hudson. Completely overrated. I don't know what the big deal was about her performance in Almost Famous. And she's not even cute. Any faults the film has do rest on Softley's shoulders, not Kruger.

The twist works well. I didn't totally see it coming. I had a friend tell me it was like a Twilight Zone episode, but I feel like any horror movie twist is deep down...hopefully the execution makes it more. I can't say for sure here. But it was a pretty solid movie with a satisfying ending.

Ele...

Comment

I'll never see this, so what's the twist?

Comment

If you're serious, Navel, let me know and I'll PM you.

Ele...

Comment

Actually I am serious. When you get a chance, and don't mind, send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Big thumbs up for SKELETON KEY.

Twisting plot. Great atmosphere. The whole thing works.

Comment

Working...
                              X