Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes Craven's 'Red Eye'

Starring Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls, Wedding Crashers) and Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow in Batman Returns)...

No. Red Eye's not a vampire movie, although that would be interesting premise. "How was your flight?" "It sucked."

No. This movie is a about Rachel being taken hostage by Cillian and how he makes her flight...the flight from hell.

Rachel claims she sat in the seat with stalker Cillian beside her most of the 12 hour days shoot. Cozy.

Part of me wants to see Rachel head butt the Scarecrow (she does) in the movie, but nah...I'll wait for the rental.

Re: Wes Craven's 'Red Eye'

I'll be the first to say that this will totally suck. Nothing like stating the obvious, though.

Comment

What's this? Red Eye receives good reviews...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/red_eye/

I'll still wait for the DVD.

Comment

Wow! Very surprising: an 83% approval rating (87% among the "cream") for a horror/thriller.
        Just one more reason to get hammered tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
          I'll be the first to say that this will totally suck. Nothing like stating the obvious, though.
          And if I'd seen the film, I'd be the first to say you were wrong.

But I haven't, so someone else will get that honor.

It looks awesome.

Great reviews as well.

The summer movie season has finally arrived!! 40 year virg and red eye
          "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
          Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

I think it should be good. Lots of good reviews over here too.
            http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

The good reviews are pretty surprising. But given that it's from Wes Craven, I just expect the worst like always.

Scream got good reviews, too. But that's a totally worthless pile of sh-t.

Comment

Very good. Very tight and able to pull a lot of intense moments out of two people sitting next to each other on an airplane.

For writers, it's a good exercise in seeing how to create both dramatic and suspense beats out of small movements and dialogue.
                Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Lucky that Wes Craven knows good writers when he sees them.

Comment

I just don't get it from the commercials.

A pretty guy harasses a pretty girl on a plane.

And then...?

You don't gotta give me the whole story, but you gotta give me something.
                    It's a celebration, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by English Dave
                      Lucky that Wes Craven knows good writers when he sees them.
                      The writing is definitely strong -- but for small scenes like the ones in the film to work you need a conjunction of strong writing, strong directing, and strong acting. (I mean, even moreso than in big scenes, where FX or action can cover for weaknesses elsewhere.)

BTW, apparently the same writer was kept through the whole project; it's nice to see that not everyone thinks we're interchangeable, and that those who think that way benefit from films that do well...
                      Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by sppeterson
                        The writing is definitely strong -- but for small scenes like the ones in the film to work you need a conjunction of strong writing, strong directing, and strong acting. (I mean, even moreso than in big scenes, where FX or action can cover for weaknesses elsewhere.)

BTW, apparently the same writer was kept through the whole project; it's nice to see that not everyone thinks we're interchangeable, and that those who think that way benefit from films that do well...
                        Yup! Actors can act all they want and directors can direct all they want but without a good script they've got nada. It reminds me of Ben Hecht sending Ernst Lubitsch some blank pages with a note saying ''Now give that the Lubitsch treatment.''!

Comment

**SPOILERS**

*SERIOUSLY*

**I SAID SPOILERS**

If they have some fancy goddamn laser guided rocket thing, why didnâ€TMt they just shoot down the guyâ€TMs plane before it landed?

That guy has to be the worst mercenary Iâ€TMve ever seen in a movie, Christ talk about inept... sorry I just got back from seeing this crap party and Iâ€TMm still pissed off.

Comment

Jeez slappy. You could have warned us!

Comment

All the attention this film is getting has aroused my attention and now I might actually want to see it. I did say that it would suck, but I really hope I'm wrong about that. Sadly, the name wes craven always gives me deep feelings of pessimism. Especially since Scream got rave reviews and that turned out to be nothing more than a total disappointment in every aspect imaginable.

And I seriously don't see the allure of Rachel McAdams. She looks good, but I see better looking women every day just walking down the street. Cillian Murphy also does nothing for me. Nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X