Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Judge/Idiocracy, AKA: 3001

I saw some items on line about Mike Judge's new film; Idiocracy. It's old title was 3001. The basic plot is about a not-so-bright soldier who becomes part of a science experiment. The guy winds up 1000 years in the future. Didn't the producers or Mike Judge ever hear of FUTURAMA? The TV series had the SAME plot at the start. Idiocracy/3001 is not out yet but I don't think it will be as funny or clever as Fox's Futurama.
    I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Re: Mike Judge/Idiocracy, AKA: 3001

i saw this movie at a test screening...and it was funny for about 15 minutes...the following 80 minutes stunk. the joke is that people are so dumb in the future that this average joe is now the smartest guy on the planet. it really wasn't that good at the screening, hope they went back and did some work on it...because, actually, it was awful. i was tempted to walk out on the free screening.

chocolate-chippery cakes,
    mike
    --MIKE

http://www.myspace.com/mmd6161

Comment

I think Mike Judge makes everything hilarious. I bet it will turn out great.

Comment

Originally posted by mdunn6161
        it really wasn't that good at the screening, hope they went back and did some work on it...
        The fact it was bumped from its summer release date makes me think so....

Comment

A lot of viewers thought Office Space wasn't that funny either.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

i hope they do fix it up. the version i saw was like a bad hour and a half episode of beavis and butthead (seriously, it seemed as if every actor was doing their worst butthead impression thoughout the movie -- save for maya rudolf (spelling?) and the brunette wilson brother). don't get me wrong, i watched (and enjoyed) my share of beavis and butthead episodes back in the 90's...i just feel that mike judge is way capable of a lot more than i saw...and hopefully that will show in his final product.

butternut squash patties,
            mike
            Last edited by mdunn6161; 08-24-2005, 04:34 PM.
            --MIKE

http://www.myspace.com/mmd6161

Comment

Originally posted by whitenavel
              A lot of viewers thought Office Space wasn't that funny either.
              I thought it was about as funny as a child's funeral.

Comment

Why Bio? Did Judge rip off someone else?

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Re "butternut squash patties,"

He said "nut"-- heh heh!

I bet it will be good.

Comment

The last 30 min or so of Office Space is so-so, but the first hour is brilliant. So in the end it still maintains status as a great comedy in my book.

Eency weency trivial spoiler about Idiocracy -->

I got to see the set for this film on a little field trip in a production design class
                    I was taking at the time and it looked pretty frickin' cool. The trailer that Luke Wilson's character falls into was hilarious, right down to the ****-stained couch toilet bowl
                    Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

I've never seen Office Space, but my dad and sister quote it all the time - I hate it. I remember really liking this concept when I originally saw it. Doesn't it have Luke Wilson? I'll see it just for that. I have the biggest crush on those Wilsons.
                      ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Comment

It is hands down the worst script I have ever read, second being anchorman.

My writing partner who used to work with m.j. gave it to me. I thought it was some kind of a joke because it was so bad. Honestly thought he was messing with me.

It does pay to have a multipicture deal in this town.

Comment

I didn't think much of Office Space. But I've watched Anchorman about 20 times now. It holds permanent disk space on my PVR.
                          Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

this script was so bad it was unreadable. my writing partner didn't believe me until I made him read it. I think he lied forever saying he never read it when they asked what he thought of it.

Anchorman was a trainwreck as well, as far as the script goes. If I remember correctly it was Will and his bud who wrote it. As bad as it was it can't top 3001.

Comment

Working...
                            X