Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Guide/Lindelof interview...Lost clarifications and what's to come

If they do kill Shannon in November Sweeps I won't miss her.

And if this season doesn't clean up it's act, I'll be watching Veronica Mars instead.
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machine
      A TV series, unlike a film, is not supposed to end. The last thing you want to do is end it.
      That's a bit of an odd statement, Deus. I mean, yes, on the one hand you're absolutely right...but on the other, all TV series must come to an end eventually. For most dramatic shows, thinking about a finale when you're just getting started isn't important. But again I say LOST is not your typical dramatic show.

It's built entirely around Big Questions. Who? What? Why? When? How? And, from what I gather, the writers are throwing more and more into the mix with each episode. It will be absolutely impossible for all these loose ends to be tied up. Maybe that won't bother the average fan, but it wouldn't pass muster with me.

Now that I think about it, this situation is kind of problematic with J.J. Abrams, isn't it? ALIAS started off strong and completely derailed in subsequent seasons. And, as of right now, LOST seems to be suffering a similar fate.

Comment

The writers don't need to know how it ends, all they need to know is why things are happening and in what direction the story is going.

If you were doing a show like 24 you would absolutely need to know the end before you start writing the first episode.

If you are writing Lost you don't need to know the end because you never plan on taking the audience there. Or I hope they never take us there.

That was IMHO the biggest mistake they made with the X-files.

No answer could ever live up to the speculation of the audience.

The writers need to know the answers but the audience doesn't.

Like you said, Lost is built on questions. A web of questions.

The only way to end it is with more questions - not answers.

Anything else will be very disappointing.

IMHO

Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machine
          The writers need to know the answers but the audience doesn't.

Like you said, Lost is built on questions. A web of questions.

The only way to end it is with more questions - not answers.

Anything else will be very disappointing.

IMHO

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that.... Of course, I don't watch the show so it really doesn't make much difference to me but, even so, I just become aggrevated when I feel the audience is being hoodwinked and strung along....

Comment

Working...
          X