No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crew Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAj4...ature=youtu.be

I'm excited for this show. Great work Jeff. Kevin James is back and the cast looks great. Sarah Stiles kills it on Billions.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 01-16-2021, 08:05 AM. Reason: Added tags

Looks great. Can't wait.

Comment

Suck up!

Comment

I'm just trying to boost Jeff's spirits. He's really old and has been trying to break in for a really really long time probably before you or I were born. If this works out he'll be able to move out of his parents basement.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Maybe if this works, people will finally respect me around here!

I love this cast. We had a blast making it. If you're at all interested, please go to the page on Netflix and click "remind me," so Netflix knows people are into it.

Comment

Looks great and funny, and Kevin James is the best. Can't imagine how much fun it is to create a show and see it come to life. Congratulations Jeff! Looking forward to watching the show.

Comment

Just signed up for Netflix and watched the first two episodes while also rewatching "Watchmen" while reading the "Watchmen" script, and playing "Starcraft II".

Anyways really funny stuff.

So it started today, I guess? How many episodes are completed?

They're half hour episodes but it really looks like a lot of work and a lot of writing.

Funny cast. I'm hooked.

Comment

Glad you're enjoying! We shot 10, and Netflix drops everything at once.

Love my cast. At the end of the day, that's what makes or breaks TV shows, and I think I got lucky.

Comment

Looking forward to watching. I can't believe someone didn't have Netflix to sign up for it!

I love it when stars get so big they just name the lead character by their first name. It just makes it easier for everyone involved.

And good marketing with it coming out with the Daytona 500.

Comment

It's a weird rule, but on multi-cam sitcoms, it feels off to me if the main character doesn't use at least their real first name. Roseanne, Home Improvement, etc. I've worked on two before - The George Carlin Show (George O'Grady) and Drew Carey (whole name). Kevin James fought it a little, but I wore him down. We'd spent 3 months in pre-production calling the character "Kevin" and I'm not smart enough to make the switch mentally.

Daytona timing worked out great for us.

Comment

Are we sure it's not just a stand up comedian thing? Jerry. Raymond. Many others as you know... few exceptions it seems. Makes sense because it helps sell the show, often their name is in the title and part of me thinks some of these funny people would just forget their fake character names on set so they make it easy for them.

Comment

Maybe that's part of it, although I realized I worked on a third, "Cybill," where we kept just her first name.

Whatever it is, it's easy for me, and I ain't changing.

Comment

I meant to watch The Crew last night, but accidentally started another show you worked on first -- Sports Night. Somehow I love sorkin and sports yet instead of watching this, I just keep rewatching The West Wing.

Comment

Thanks, Jeff.

Were the episodes filmed during the pandemic?

Also I like your twitter thread about laugh tracks.

Rant on Laugh Tracks

Comment

Working...
                              X