Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Ads

Am I the only one who thinks the Progressive Insurance "Don't become your parents" commercials are the funniest thing on TV?

There has to be some top writing talent working on them.

No. They are some of the best pieces of comedy I've seen. They are amazing.

"If you printed out directions to be here tonight... you're in the right place."

That is comedy gold. And the actor is amazing.

Some of my favorite actors are just people I see on commercials. There is one guy who was in a Geico Ad and a Folgers ad and he's just amazing in those sports. I want to hire him to star in a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
      Am I the only one who thinks the Progressive Insurance "Don't become your parents" commercials are the funniest thing on TV?

There has to be some top writing talent working on them.
      I agree: they're the funniest thing on TV... and horrifyingly accurate. A cautionary tale for all of us. I take notes so I don't end up as a like-my-parents statistic.

Comment

LMFAO! "Parentamorphosis" (0.36/0.49). https://youtu.be/-IKW9s8WHrw

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          No. They are some of the best pieces of comedy I've seen. They are amazing.

"If you printed out directions to be here tonight... you're in the right place."

That is comedy gold. And the actor is amazing.

Some of my favorite actors are just people I see on commercials. There is one guy who was in a Geico Ad and a Folgers ad and he's just amazing in those sports. I want to hire him to star in a movie.
          Turns out "Dr. Rick" and others are veteran improv actors from Second City and other venues. https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...rogressive-ad/

Makes me wonder if comedy screenwriters shouldn't consider writing more "improve" into their work.

Comment

Working...
          X