No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Life (Netflix)

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone else has seen this series.

I watched it because it had a second season start a few days ago, and I figured if it got a second season it must be fairly ok even though the reviews I read said otherwise.

I binged it over a long weekend recently because I was ill, (no, not covid thank goodness) and even though it wasn't great, I just for some reason couldn't stop watching it.

If you know nothing about it, it is a sci-fi space story starring Katee Sackoff, who I like from watching the Battlestar Galactica remake.

It is a typical space story, where an alien race sent down an artifact and the humans can't get a reaction from it so they send a crew headed up by Sackoff to go to the alien home planet to make contact and ask why they sent the thing. Mayhem and mutiny ensues and the crew has to deal with losing lots of crew members and attacks along the way.

But, it seems like they forget simple space things, like don't breathe air on an alien planet even though it has oxygen because of alien viruses and such. Don't touch things on alien planets, don't assume there is no life on other planets you stop at, etc.

Like I said, it wasn't great, but I just couldn't stop watching both seasons, which ended on a positive note despite all that happens.

The acting is pretty good. They do sprinkle several Battlestar Galactica actors throughout.

The writing fails from having different writers for each episode and it feels like the writers didn't read the previous scripts to keep continuity going since this is not an episodic series.

But if you like space stuffs you may like this one.

I hope you are all well and happy. Keep on keeping on.
Working...
X