Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top ten shows on TV now.

I can't come up with ten...that's how much quality I've been able to find on TV right now. There's "Lost", "House"...not much else coming to mind right at this moment. Hopefully that will change with one or two of the new series this season but I'm certainly not actively expecting it.

Comment

1.) LOST
      2.) House
      3.) Law & Order: Criminal Intent
      4.) Bones
      5.) The 4400
      6.) Entourage
      7.) The Sopranos
      8.) The Daily Show
      9.) The Colbert Report
      10.) Quite possibly Studio 60.
      My God, it's full of stars!

Comment

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT should be on these lists, people. Reruns on G4 = technically it's on TV now.

Comment

Since Deadwood is not on TV now and will only be back as a coupla HBO movies, I won't count it. I'll count shows coming back soon, though:

The Wire
          Battlestar Galactica
          Lost
          Family Guy
          MI-5
          The Unit
          Scrubs
          CSI
          My Name Is Earl

I'll go out on a little bit of a limb and add Studio 60.

I also like The Office a lot, but it has started to have some of the qualities of the second season of the British original: i.e., it's still funny, but sometimes too focused on the boss, and too uncomfortable to be a favorite.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
          It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
          -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Is it me or is The Wire starting to ingrain itself into the fabric of pop-culture a lot more lately (Despite the fact that it still draws the pathetic numbers it always has until the On Demand figures come back).
            I don't know. I've watched it since the first episode of the first season, because I knew it was a new cop show from the Homicide guy. Could be it's more popular now than it was, though. Maybe a lot of people checked it out on DVD and dug it?

I'm not surprised if its numbers don't look good until On Demand is figured in. I don't bother watching or recording HBO shows on the night they air anymore, because I know I can catch them at my convenience via On Demand. I'm sure a lot of people are doing that.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
            It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
            -- Potter Stewart

Comment

I guess we're going with shows that have a plot (or are supposed to), but I've got to weigh in with my two favorite shows:

Mythbusters
              Ghosthunters (and believe it's fake or not, it's damn entertaining)
              Goonies never say die!

Comment

Working...
              X