Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnivale

Who can tell me about this show? A friend of mine is trying to turn me onto it, he says it shares characteristics with Twin Peaks. The prices of HBO box sets make me weep like an old maid, so I'd like some informed opinions about the show.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Re: Carnivale

Brilliant show. One of HBO's finest. The first season was slow and didn't hook me right away. It's something you have to stick with.
    But the second season was one of the best seasons I've ever seen for a drama. The pace was swift and the storylines all played out perfectly. The finale was perfect in the fact that it left some things open for a third season, but knowing it was probably ending, the conclusion worked.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

LOVED the show. Would never buy it. Just rent. But I loved the storyline. Though, (and I'm all for drawing things out), I think everything we were given in two seasons could have easily crammed into one. It was just TOO drawn out for it's own good. And HBO recognized that too.

Comment

I don't think the end of season two was a true series finale. They left a few things open in case it was coming back. But in case it wasn't, which is obviously what happened, they left the viewer to consider the end instead of giving you an absolute final ending.
        Last edited by whitenavel; 06-12-2006, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Not sure what I was trying to say.

Comment

Great potential and some great scenes ... but it sagged miserably a lot of the time.

It just moved too slowly. I had never heard the notion that it was supposed to run over six seasons. That sounds like bad planning to me.

Definitely worth renting.

I did not like the ending.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Better or worse than how Lost is sagging and dragged out most of the time?
              Is it that nothing happens, or just nothing that you want to see happen happens. (like Lost)?
              Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Why not just sign up for HBO digital cable and watch all the episodes OnDemand for FREE?

Then, cancel if you want.

You don't need to spend much money to do that since they give you the first 6 months at like 19.99 a month and you'd have watched both seasons within the first two weeks or so.

By the way...i LOVED that show and found it more enjoyable to watch than the Sopranos. It was wicked smart and original as hell.

I never minded the lagging. Maybe it's because I was THAT swept up in it.

S

Comment

Working...
                X