Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell's Kitchen

Gordon Ramsay is in fine form this season! Right now I'm rooting for Heather. However, I must say the male contestants are uniformly bad. Where the hell did they get these bozos?
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Re: Hell's Kitchen

The question is:

Which unlucky gal is going to be sent over to the guys' team to even them up?

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

You know Tom will go eventually. Anyone who sweats that much in his
      food, no way will they get the job. I hate the chick who flirts with Gordon.
      What are we, in high school?

Charli

Comment

Ok, someone in the know, please tell me who these customers are in Hell's Kitchen. Actors? Restaurant industry people?

I'd love to hear from the "I want my pumpkin!" guy.
        myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are just local people. They probably just advertise saying that its a reality show, that there is a chance you wont be served, but a chance that you could be on TV. That kind of advert would probably attract the kind of person with potential to throw a strop on camera, which is something they will look to air.
          Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Is it just me or does Jaime look exactly like the CGI Troll from the first Harry Potter movie?

They really make many of these chefs look staggeringly incompetent. Like in the first episode, what could Giocomo possibly have been doing that he didn't have time to sort out what apparently was his prime responsibility of cooking the veggies to go with the duck and chicken?

Comment

I loved it when Jamie the fishmonger said he was "good" with knives and then couldn't produce ONE ususable cut of steak. No wonder his body "shut down" from the stress. Just the sight of him in the hot tub made my body want to shut down too.

Comment

just to touch on this topic...

i own a restaurant...

and let me tell you that the people on this show are exactly like the people in my restaurant...

in 2 years i've employed over 375 people trying to get a decent "crew" that can make pizzas, pastas, and f%#$ing sandwiches that customers deem "edible..."

it is a daily battle to get morons to stop thinking about their sex organs and start thinking about doing more than one thing at a time...

it may be hard for you guys to imagine that there are people out there who are barely above the primate level, but rest assured they exist, and they are the ones feeding you when you go out to eat

Comment

Unfortunately, the image of one of the guys dripping sweat from the tip of his nose down into the food will stay with me for a long time
                  After was all gendarmes and dick stitches...

Comment

I have to agree, my parents operated/owned three resturants over the years and trying to get a good kitchen crew was the biggest headache my mom ever faced.

And this was Smitty/Denny's level of food. There were several occasions where I helped on the grill cause of problems.

There is a very good reason why I grew up to become Chem Eng, my cooking skills are poor at best (I do make a mean Club house Sandwich, but how hard it that the F*ck up?) which shows how bad some of the cooks we had.... well most of them only briefly.
                    Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

I get the struggle for competent help when the incentive is $5.22 and hour and a 3% chance of an ICE raid.

Here, the incentive is much higher. The applicants baffle me. I understand that when there's a big prize many underqualified people apply. But these ten just baffle me. In a full kitchen with prepped ingredients they couldn't get entrees ready in 2 1/2 hours??

Comment

nope...

bc in the restaurant industry you must be 3 steps ahead at all times...

if you fall behind one step... in 20 minutes you are behind 7 steps, etc etc

i've had people, seriously, waiting 45 minutes for a turkey sandwich... this is b/c my crew wasnt prepared to handle everything that came before that turkey sandwich... it is ridiculous and it will truly drive you crazy to actually watch something like this happen, but God is it entertaining and a joy to know that it's not just me

i have felt or acted like chef Ramsey at least 3x per week for the past 2 yrs, and finally I have an outlet of laughter on Mon nights

Comment

Man, Gordon was unhinged last night! But old sweaty Tom got the boot. What a big surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by J off course
                            Ok, someone in the know, please tell me who these customers are in Hell's Kitchen. Actors? Restaurant industry people?
                            I think they're just locals, but I have noticed that the show is making much more use of them than they did last season. For one, you actually get to hear them speak now, where before it was just hinted with selective editing.

I am amazed that they still get so uptight about it. I mean, they know what the show's about. I can't imagine why any of them would show up expecting to eat. That's just silliness.
                            "The only reason most scripts are bad is because most people can't write." Leslie Dixon

Comment

I've been hearing that a lot of reality shows just send PAs, show assistants, etc to portray these kinds of roles.

The contestant reactions are real, but there's no reality in the set-up of the scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X