Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season

Now that the Emmy's are upon us this weekend.....well, I won't be watching, I'll just check online to see who wins!...but I digress, that means the new shows should be starting soon/old ones having season preems. Anyone have any thoughts on any of the new shows? Any of them look worth checking out? Nothing of the previews I've seen has really grabbed me to watch. What ya'll think? (Oh God, the Texas is comin' out in me!)
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: New Season

I like Ray Liotta - I'm looking forward to checking out his new series, Smith.

Comment

Twenty Good Years, with John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor , looks good.

Mostly, I'm just waiting for the return of Lost, 24 and Scrubs.
      Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
      Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
      Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Really, i haven't seen anything new at all thats caught my eye. I'll just be watching the usual; Battlestar Galactica, Lost, SVU, Criminal Intent, 24 and Scrubs.
        Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

I hope Brad Garrett's new sitcom is good. There seems to be a curse on new shows starring performers from sitcoms that were gigantic hits...but I like the dude and think he deserves to be in another good show.

I also think he was smart not to do a Raymond spinoff where he stars as Robert Barone. I'd be shocked if he wasn't offered the chance to do that, but I don't think Robert was a character who could've carried his own series. Robert Barone was a purpose-built second fiddle, and Garrett and the writers made him one of the best TV characters ever...but he's not star material. If the new show's writers and character are up to Garrett's talents, it could be great.

I'm looking forward to the returns of Lost, Scrubs, The Office, and My Name is Earl. I'm jonesing for the return of Battlestar Galactica. And I'll check out Garrett's new show and Smith. Probably also check out The Nine, just to see what it's about.

Comment

Looking foward to: BSG, Scrubs, LOST, Doctor Who (3rd series), Torchwood, Heroes, Studio 60, Kidnapped, Smith and probably a few more I can't think of right now...
            R.K. Bentley
            My Blog, My Design Studio
            "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I forgot about Studio 60! That's the new show I'm most looking foward to.

Comment

I liked Studio 60. It will need time to come into its own though.

kidnapped was ok. I just don't see how they will stretch this out for an entire season. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing, hopefully.

Looking forward to Heros, the return of Lost, SVU, The Shield, 24 and I already got my Prison Break fix!

Comment

I guess I should bump Studio 60 up in my Netflix queueueueueue. I thought I'd rather watch it the night it first airs, like the rest of the country -- but I guess everybody who subscribes to Netflix is seeing it now, so I might as well.

Comment

"Lost" is the only returning series that I will be tuning in for. New series that I will give a go are "Heroes", "Six Degrees", "Sci Fi Investigates", "The Dresden Files" and "Drive" with the last two premiering midseason. I also am highly interested in "Orpheus" but I have no clue if CBS has picked up the show or not since the pilot has been shot.

Comment

I don't think those 6-night-a-week telenovellas will work here.

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Survivor - Racism Island

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060825/...en_tv/survivor

Comment

For new shows, I'll be checking out Studio 60 and 30 Rock (great pilot script). I'll also check out Heroes...just in case it actually turns out decent. The one I'm most excited about is The Nine, which has been getting great buzz and a huge marketing push. Billboards are now everywhere here in Hollywood. Word is that it's a very good show and it has a great amount of Lost's mystery to it. So much mystery that Variety suggested that could be the one negative thing about it -- people might not have the patience to stick with it if they don't reveal answers at a decent pace. But for Lost fans like me, sounds perfect.

Ele...

Comment

Working...
                          X