Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmy's

Ok, somebody had to start the thread. I didn't watch, but since I really only care about who won, you don't need to watch, you can find that out online as the show is going on. Most of the people that won, I'm happy about:

Jeremy Piven (never seen the show, but I think he's very talented)
    Mariska Hargitay
    Kiefer Sutherland & 24 (I don't necessarily think this was their best year, but it wasn't bad and I think overall the show is deserving)
    Megan Mullally
    Andre Braugher
    Julia Louis Dreyfus
    Tony Shaloub

Never seen THE OFFICE, but think Steve Carell is very funny, so good for him/them...and I know it won some writing awards.

Just my thoughts, but what do you guys think .
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: Emmy's

Some good picks, some bad picks.

Steve Carrell, Chandra Wilson, Jaime Pressley and Gregory Itzin got screwed.

Comment

It was rather cool to see the original, "Charlie's Angels" again. I don't
      think Jacklyn Smith has aged a day.

Comment

Alright, Tony Shalhoub, my man!!

Comment

I liked that dude that listed the people he did NOT want to thank. Funny shiznit.

And yes, Mrs. Smith is still stunning.

Comment

24 is the only of the nominees for best drama that I've never seen. Is it really better than West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, House and .... what was the other one this year, Lost?
            my webpage
            my blog

Comment

Anyone else think the plane crash skit was in very poor taste the same day 49 people were killed in a crash?

I changed the channel right there - it reminded me why I don't watch the Emmys.
              http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Lime
                Anyone else think the plane crash skit was in very poor taste the same day 49 people were killed in a crash?

Perhaps I have no inherent morality... but poor taste has never bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Lime

I would have quickly re-cued it to begin with Conan washing ashore. Would have been relatively easy and saved the bit without triggering complaints.

Comment

24 is the only of the nominees for best drama that I've never seen. Is it really better than West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, House and .... what was the other one this year, Lost?
                    West Wing was amazing when it first started, but when they started moving it around, I lost track of it and stopped watching, so I don't know what the last couple years were like. Lost is an ok show, what I've seen of it, but I don't think it's all THAT amazing quite frankly. Only saw like 10 minutes of the Grey's Anatomy pilot then I lost interest in it (I know, I'm in a class by myself there) and have seen maybe 1 episode of House and a piece here and there of another one. Didn't really grab my attention enough to watch it (again, know this is one that's really popular) I guess I don't watch the popular ones much, honestly, I don't watch much of the new shows that come out. I watch:

Prison Break
                    CSI & CSI: NY
                    Law & Order (all of them)

And that's about it, other than that, I'll watch reruns of older shows on cable or movies. Which is why I guess I didn't even know about the plane crash until this morning when they were talking about the Emmy's poor taste with regard to it. (I know, it's horrible, I'm very out of touch )
                    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

I was concerned about Conan's airplane scene -- FOR ABOUT FOUR SECONDS. As soon as it became obvious it was going to be a take on "Lost" I got over it, as everyone should have. I think if the airplane sequence had been longer, it would be easier for me to understand why people were complaining.

Trust me, most of America might not have even known about the jet crash in Kentucky on Sunday. That's nature of news that occurs on a Sunday. people are on the go on the weekend, lots of them use Monday to catch up on what happened on the weekend.

If they had started with Conan just emerging out of the ocean, there would have been no set up, in my opinion.

The last segment, the "Dateline NBC" bit was hilarious.

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Conan was funny. The opening bit was good.

I didn't find the Lost bit offensive at all.

24 wasn't the best drama of the year. But it was certainly better than West Wing, House, Grey's, et al.

Bob Newhart in a glass box with 3 hours of oxygen was funny.

Jacklyn Smith's still superfoxy.
                        "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Jacklyn Smith's still superfoxy.
                          If anyone on here knows Jaclyn Smith's agent, they better tell them to get on the job. Apparently most of us think she's still got it. - lol

Comment

Originally posted by writer0825
                            If anyone on here knows Jaclyn Smith's agent, they better tell them to get on the job. Apparently most of us think she's still got it. - lol
                            This is ridiculous... she's about to turn 61! I remember being a kid and other punks telling me they liked my moms t!ts... can you imagine people saying your granny's a G-MILF? That would be... annoying, to say the least.

Comment

You know, if your grandmother is still hot? You know it, and you've been hearing about it all of your life.

I do recall an episode of Spin City where the nerd character (can't recall his name) brought his mom to work with him and all the guys went ape because his mom was Raquel Welch, and yes she's still hot. Nerd had no idea his mom was a hottie, of course.
                              my webpage
                              my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X