Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes 11/6/06

I guess none of us were blown away by last night's eppy.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Re: Heroes 11/6/06

I actually found last night's show to be an improvement, though I've grown weary of the Niki and son storyline.

Feel the show is running in place. They need to get this group together already. If there's some evil they have to stop I'd like to see it sometime soon.
    Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
    Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
    Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Last night felt a little bit place-holder/treading-water to me. Let's make something happen, Tim.

Comment

I get the feeling they're adding new characters with superhuman abilities as the need arises--it doesn't feel organic to the plot. Now Nikki's kid has powers too.

And now suddenly Nathan's got a wife in a wheelchair, which was never alluded to before (that he had a wife, yes, in a wheelchair, no). And somehow her condition came about in a car accident in which Nathan was driving. (Oh, the backstory).

Who saw the scenario with the lame police cop and his wife coming a mile away? Didn't have to be a mind reader on that one.
        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

So the Nuke that blows up NYC is most likely the radiation guy dying. Hmm, might be interesting... and it always seemed like the kid had some weird control of machinery they hinted to it in the pilot, they just confirmed it as ep.

Comment

I have no problem with them revealing new heroes as they go along. I think it's kinda fun and is a nice call back to the classic funny books. I think Nikki's character is interesting because she could actually be a bad guy. Radiation guy is interesting as well.

The whole "Save the cheerleader, save the world" incident should happen in the next week or two. That will probably be the big moment for the first half of the season. Looking forward to it.

Ele...

Comment

Uneventful episode. Although the stopping time during the explosion scene was pretty neat, the rest of it didn't deliver.

I can't wait to see just why saving the cheerleader will be saving the world.
              Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
              Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

The entire thing about Niki/Jessica and her son... wait... did you see that?!

He was using the "Out of Order" pay phone????!!!! What's up with that?

Could it be... yes... he also is a hero too!

After all, they did say in next week's promo that more hero's are surfacing... guess the doctor's son from the Middle East better get back! There's more to meet the eye!

Other than that... an excellent EP!

Can't not wait until next week!

Cheers!
                D. Alin
                http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Really love the show. But...

Why does it seem like something is missing from the first five minutes of each episode?

For instance, when did Isaac Mendez leave his loft in last night's show? I remember seeing last week's episode but I don't remember seeing a scene where he felt that he should go in to hiding.

Another moment was after Nathan Petrelli spent the night with Niki in Vegas. In that episode where we first see him fly, he is seen being chased by Claire's dad and the Memory Zapper guy (or whatever he's called) out of the hotel at the beginning of the episode. When and how did they get there? Did I miss something?

Each episode ends with "To be continued..." but I'm always a bit confused when a new episode begins because it feels like some important info was left out, and they don't exactly start where they left off.

Other than that, I love the show and haven't missed a single episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Scriptman View Post
                    Really love the show. But...

Why does it seem like something is missing from the first five minutes of each episode?

For instance, when did Isaac Mendez leave his loft in last night's show? I remember seeing last week's episode but I don't remember seeing a scene where he felt that he should go in to hiding.

Another moment was after Nathan Petrelli spent the night with Niki in Vegas. In that episode where we first see him fly, he is seen being chased by Claire's dad and the Memory Zapper guy (or whatever he's called) out of the hotel at the beginning of the episode. When and how did they get there? Did I miss something?

Each episode ends with "To be continued..." but I'm always a bit confused when a new episode begins because it feels like some important info was left out, and they don't exactly start where they left off.

Other than that, I love the show and haven't missed a single episode.
                    Hey Scriptman - very good points... you are right!

Why did Isaac Mendez leave? I didn't see a reason!

It's funny you mentioned that about Claire's dad and the Memory Zapper guy, in fact... just a couple of weeks ago he zapped the cop/FBI want to be from reading minds, or did he? Because, he can still read minds.

Maybe these holes or questions are there for a reason... like the Hiro and his friend, for goodness sake... why haven't they left Las Vegas?
                    D. Alin
                    http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                      I can't wait to see just why saving the cheerleader will be saving the world.
                      Because she's Head of the Car Wash Fund Raiser. The world needs her. Besides, the other cheerleaders couldn't run it without her. But seriously, I can't wait for that answer too.

Yeah David, I agree the holes are left there for some reason. Regarding that same scene with Nathan, Claire's dad and the Memory Zapper: How did Nathan know they were bad guys? He ran out and flew away. It would have helped to have seen a scene where they interacted and there was some sort of struggle inside to get away before he decided to escape and fly away. Not trying to be hard on the show, because it's definitely entertaining. It's just, had I left a scene like that out of my own script, I would have gotten grilled by every reader saying "Show, don't tell." But... I guess they're the pros.

Comment

This show is the very definition of a "serial." Just like the first comic books. And I think they use this foundation in the way they tell their story...meaning they can explain part of the story an episode later (like Issac leaving his apartment). It seems that they're telling a big, season-long story and aren't realizing that people may forget certain details in the week-long gap between episodes. Basically, I think the technique of their storytelling is to blame for this, not actual negligence.

Ele...

Comment

Working...
                        X