Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Them" at Fox

Fox is currently developing the sci-fi thriller "Them", an hour-long series from writer/director Jonathan Mostow and scribes David Eick and John McNamara. Based on the graphic novel "Six" by Michael Oeming and Daniel Berman, the storyline concerns a "sleeper cell of extraterrestrial terrorists" who can shapeshift into the form of a human. This somehow leads to their mission being compromised when they begin to experience real human emotions which afflict them like a drug. Jonathan has stated that the idea of the show is on the surface, "a really cool science fiction thriller. But underneath, it's a very provocative show that's really going to explore what it means to be human, to be a person."

No word yet as to when production will actually start on the pilot.

Re: "Them" at Fox

Using emotions like a drug? I love that idea...then tell the story from the antag's POV? Gee, I wonder if they need a subject matter expert...

Looking forward to it.
    Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

I actually had a chance to (potentially) be part of this about six months ago and passed. I'm such a fvcking moron....

Comment

Fox + Sci Fi premise = scary, especially for me. $10 says they'll run this on various nights, settling on Fridays and cancel it after 11 episodes because the ratings suck. I almost don't allow myself to enjoy shows on Fox these days due to this inevitably happening.

I'm not bitter about Firefly or Wonderfalls at all.
        My God, it's full of stars!

Comment

Didn't ABC do this already with "Invasion"?
          "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by JesseNC View Post
            I'm not bitter about Firefly or Wonderfalls at all.

"Firefly", "Wonderfalls", "The Inside"...they sure have a track record with canceling shows with actual promise. I hope it doesn't happen yet again with "Drive" which premieres in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Anjel View Post
              Didn't ABC do this already with "Invasion"?

It also smacks of the new Galactica series.

Comment

Working...
              X