Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heroes 11/20/06

Every eppy had set up Claire's father to be a baddie, and now it's taken a left turn.
    Actually that was foreshadowed a bit. After the third or fourth episode they refused to reveal what exactly he did, you start to wonder why they're keeping his hand secret. Could he be, perhaps... good, or at least less bad than the way they've been trying so hard to portray him as (evil incarnate)? Let's not forget the opening of the episode: "Previously on Heroes (...) something-something the face of evil (cue shot of Claire's father)" That was a bit of a giveaway for me. I hope next episode is a lot better.

Comment

i like!
      The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

One point puzzles me. It's suggested that the computer has a big list of all the people with powers, his dad found them. So why did he never contact them?

Comment

No clue. There's this big hole as to what his father did exactly in NY. He seems to have contacted at least one (Sylar) and taught him to use his powers but that went terribly wrong...

Comment

It's possible that he did contact some of them, but for whatever reasons (understandable paranoia is my guess) he only wanted to meet them in person. Anything done over the airwaves or landlines might be tracked by various parties looking to find and exploit these people. Or maybe it's just more fun to meet them in person and see their cool powerz with your own eyes.

Comment

Save the cheerleader: save the world.

NEEDLESS TO SAY Heroes probably does not bear close analysis.

Having said that... I thought it was a little silly of what'shisname to tell claire to go get help seconds after her presence brought him back from the dead... I mean he had the perfect excuse! Does he need The Nearness of You on the soundtrack or what?

btw, what happened to Nine?? is it cancelled? did it lead anywhere interesting? Not seen it for three or four weeks--worth catching up?
              The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

The Nine is still there. Pretty much the same as always. They finally revealed the Scott Wolf's secret of "What happened in there" and it was both predictable and soft. There's not much surprising me from this show. Sadly.

Heroes, as sloppy as it is, has so much more to offer.

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978 View Post
                  T
                  Heroes, as sloppy as it is, has so much more to offer.

Ele...
                  Agreed. And I can't figure out why I've seen every episode. I mean this is one of those shows that if I explained it blow by blow it would sound like a pretty lame show. It's like The OC with super powers, and I'm still glued to the TV. Must be some kind of subliminal airwaves. Hmm.

Can't. Stop. Watching.

Comment

I think now every new show this season has been compared on DD to either Melrose Place or The OC.

Comment

I never saw either of those shows, but if Heroes is like them, then they must've been super cool.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
                      It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
                      -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Agreed. Should I rush out and buy those shows on DVD?

Comment

Working...
                        X