Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost -- "Stranger in a Strange Land"

I haven't even bothered to download the last ep...

is this the end?
    The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by BROUGHCUT View Post
      I haven't even bothered to download the last ep...

is this the end?
      they brought in bai ling.

nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
        they brought in bai ling.

nuff said.

I had no idea Bai Ling was so despised among the screen-scribble-inclined.

Originally posted by tabula rasa View Post
        Because I really am pulling for it to just be the LOST it used to be: which was every week you thought "wow, that was one amazing tv episode"

I guess I'm the only one who thought "Lost" has always been since the beginning a hit or miss series as I never thought it knocked it out of the park every single episode. I've always liked it but I've yet to come away blown away by it. Thus far, I think the best hour(s) that the show has put out was the two-part pilot...but for many I'd guess that would probably be a give-in.

Comment

Okay, so I'm a week behind and just watched this one.

It didn't answer a single question. The promo that promised answers in this episode was as much of a lie as NBC's "stay tuned for more X" crap, where the "more" is show X's end credits. Even more of a lie, really, because I can't even see a way it could be technically true.

The entire flashback was ridiculous. It wasn't even about all of Jack's tattoos -- it was just about ONE of them! And why was Jack on an island somewhere in Southeast Asia? No clue. And what a stupid plot: "My secret gift is that I'm a magic tattoo artist, but I can't give you a tattoo because it's against my people's law! But if you ask me again and look really serious, I'll go ahead and give you a tattoo anyway -- although I'll get all teary and the men of my tribe or whatever we are will give you a nosebleed."

Fvck off. The whole thing was stupid and utterly pointless. A slap in the viewers' faces. The episode's actual developments amounted to 1) Jack and everybody else on the small island -- where nobody actually lives anyway -- are going back to their suburban paradise somewhere on the big island -- where they all live in the first place!!! -- and 2) Kate and Sawyer let Carl go, so the producers will only have a dozen characters to ignore instead of 13.

It was exactly like every episode from before the mid-season break. If this had been the first episode when they came back from the break, I'd have dropped the show then and there and never looked back.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
          It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
          -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Eh, I felt pretty sure I wouldn't get much flack for that post. For one thing, I watched last week's episode so late that everyone else has already moved on to this week's. For another, last week's episode was such crap that even Ele had to admit it had problems.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
            It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
            -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
              Eh, I felt pretty sure I wouldn't get much flack for that post. For one thing, I watched last week's episode so late that everyone else has already moved on to this week's. For another, last week's episode was such crap that even Ele had to admit it had problems.
              What can I say, I believe in honesty.

Ele...

Comment

Working...
              X