No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best SNL of the year

Rainn Wilson, Arcade Fire

Wow, man. They finally got their stuff together. The entire first hour of the show was great, each sketch ended perfectly. The Office parody during the monologue was spot on. Could you believe Jason Sudeikis' Jim impression? And who would have thought they could write such a variety of creepy characters for Rainn Wilson to play?

Sure it lost steam in its last half hour with that lame Black Snake Moan parody, and sure Andy Samberg can't do a British accent, and sure the Arcade Fire have more conviction and sincerity than they do interesting musical ideas, but overall, I think this show was terrific.

Hopefully some of the naysayers and Hey-this-show-has-sucked-since-1977 sentimentalists were watching. And hopefully this marks the beginning of a renaissance over there at 30 Rock (the building, not the sitcom). We shall see.

Re: best SNL of the year

Originally posted by strophariad View Post
    The Office parody during the monologue was spot on. Could you believe Jason Sudeikis' Jim impression?
    I could. When I saw Jarhead, I actually thought it was Jason Sudekis in one scene where it was actually John Krasinski. So I was just waiting for the day when that impersonation came to pass.

Comment

Laughed my freakin' head off at the skit in which the guys were talking about old memories. That was brilliant, and believe it or not, it had a great end! Finally, a skit in which the ending is spot on and the funniest moment of the whole thing. When they whipped out guns, God, I was floored. Good stuff. Overall, a good season. Much better than previous years.

I noticed that they weren't afraid to be politcally incorrect. The whole Anna Nichole thing was in horrible taste but was funny as hell. Good to see them taking the gloves off again.
      Goonies never say die!

Comment

As a firm naysayer, I wish I actually caught this. I'm not obtuse enough to say they will NEVER put on a good show.

Comment

I wouldn't say this was the best episode of the year, but Rainn was easily the best host. An absolute pro. They should have him back very soon. They had some good sketches, but I couldn't help but feel like they didn't write as well as Rainn performed.

Ele...

Comment

That digital short had me in hysterics. More like that, please.

Comment

On the coming soon page of snl.com, they say you can thumb through hundreds of sketch scripts (including marked up with the writers hand-written notes).

My favorite person in that whole show is Kristen Wiig. She is so gifted and talented.
              "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Comment

Huh weird, I hated it and didn't laugh at anything outside Weekend Update.

Comment

I thought weekend update was off its game. That judge thing Armisen did went on forever and Wiig's "Aunt Judy" (or whatever) was horrible. There's a woman on Mad TV who does the same character.

Every year before the oscars they need to contractually oblige Bill Murray to come out and do his oscar pics like the oldern days.

Comment

The Aunt Judy character has been consistently good and I agree with you, was off this past show.

However, I love Kristen Wiig and to me she is similiar to Will Ferrell in that every skit she is in is made better because she is in it. She's brilliant.
                    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Comment

I love the Fred Armesen and Maya Rudolph couple that are all weird. I wish I knew what they were called but they crack me up. Also, wish there were still doin' Barry Gibb talkshow
                      Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                      Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Adam View Post

However, I love Kristen Wiig
                        Well, you're not alone there.

Comment

Working...
                        X