Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz

This was awesome, I just finished watching it all on dvd. I know, It's been around donkey's years, but it was mistreated in England with middle of the night obscurity and I moved to the States just as it was finishing. I don't care that it towards the end it devolved into something of a soap opera, which some very dodgey and implausable storylines, trying to cover that they had killed off too many main characters without developing replacements. The first 3-4 seasons were monsterous, exceptional television (They walled up Luke Perry hahaha). I know shows like The Sopranos and The Wire have upped the anti, both in terms of complexity and violence, but it all started right here.

Now what I REALLY want is a t-shirt of Simon Adebisi, which reads "Looks like I'm going to have to kill me some Dagos."
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Re: Oz

Jeez you made me come all the way to this thread and there's nothing remotely in it about ME at all.

Anyway I tried to get into Oz here in Oz (it was shown only on a small "foriegn" channel) after a friend kept telling me to watch.

By the end of the episode I saw one guy get stabbed in the chest and another get stabbed (not that kind of stabbed) in the buttocks.

A couple of weeks later and I saw another ep and then after that it pretty much vanished from tv.

Maybe I should watch it from the start.

EDIT: Oh and yes all the above has been tacked on so not as to make me look like a one-liner poster with nothing to add to threads
    One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

I would say it's worth a look. One of it's strengths is that they adpoted a season format of 8 episodes (all except season 4, which is 15). So its short, sharp and shocking and they don't drag out season long plots forever. Get attached to a character at your peril though, he is likely to be stabbed in the chest, or the buttocks at any moment. The body count in this film puts most Nam films to shame, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
        Get attached to a character at your peril though, he is likely to be stabbed in the chest, or the buttocks at any moment.
        One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

I loved OZ!

I think a bunch of those dudes went on to other stuff. I don't watch much TV except sports, the news and American Idol.

My sister-in-law was watching Keller on CSI or some show and I told her he tongued Beecher on OZ. Now she hates him.

"HUH!"

Corona
          I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
          I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I'm the next season all the prisoners have been paroled and are now running a major U.S. corporation.

(I'm sorry. That was mindless.)

Comment

My sister-in-law was watching Keller on CSI or some show and I told her he tongued Beecher on OZ. Now she hates him.

Christopher Meloni was great as Keller. Really made me appriciate what a bland show SVU is. You certainly get more than you bargin for with Oz. I've seen Christopher's Meloni...

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
                I've seen Christopher's Meloni...
                Me, too. Oh no!

Them boys on OZ can act.

Corona
                I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Working...
                X