No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Entourage... 4-29-07

Originally posted by szyszka View Post
    Yeah, I agree about Babs. It was a cop out in some ways, but I don't know if they wanted to play the Ari struggle out for a whole season or more, if he did it without her it'd be such a slower process that I'm sure people here on DD would argue how the show has gone down hill if it took more than a few weeks to get to the point.
    The struggle of one of these characters affects the others, so I don't see why it would have been a problem to take a couple weeks to focus on Ari and the new firm. (Besides, most fans of the show love Ari...)

Once Ari and Babs joined, there was tension that Ari wasn't focusing any attention on Vince. That theme could have been used while Ari was struggling to find his footing in the boutique world, and would have been a little more realistic, if you will.

Instead of being kind of a d!ck and saying, "I'll work for Vince when Vince is ready to work," as he did, he should have had to appease a demanding client who wants to work when, maybe, Ari can't get any work for Vince.

(Again, straight out of the genius spec of mine. )

Comment

Ari is hilarious when he's cornered and desperate. That's when they've written some of the best material for the character. There's no reason at all to assume it would've been boring to see him working harder to build up his agency, as opposed to having it handed to him at the end of last season. They could still do a lot with that, as he scrambles to build up the business, steal clients from his old agency, and get Vince back.

The show may theoretically be about Vince and the guys, but Ari is the reason the show is in its fourth season. We need to see more of Ari being Ari, as in last week's episode, when he got his meanness back.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
      It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
      -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by HBeeOh
        As a viewer I gotta say that I'd have been bored to tears watching Ari struggle with the company.
        If all I had heard about CLERKS was that it was a 90-minute film about two register jockeys who talk about pop culture, I'd told you it sounds like something that would bore me to tears, too.

Like most things, it's all in the execution....

Comment

Are you kidding? I'm the union rep!

Comment

I didn't read all five pages but, my 2 cents:

1. This episode was a bit funnier than previous ones. It was predictable Drama would get "Got" but it was still good for a laugh.

2. I'm getting sick of all the stand-alone Ari storylines just to give him screen time.

3. Carla Gugino is becoming the Yoko Ono of Entourage, keeping Vince and Ari apart. Girl is hot and all but "bros before hos".

Comment

why cant we get a little more T&A on entourage?

take advantage of it being on HBO...
              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I am sad to say that they are really running out of funny moments. On top of that, everyone is getting comforatble in not working to get a project off. Any project. Mediean is lingering on and on without any word. I don't know, just venting I guess.
                It hasn't gone donw to the "DOM" episodes but it needs to come up to the "Almost Famous" episode again. and agian.

Comment

Originally posted by HBeeOh
                  Just to clarify...

I don't even consider the show one of the best five comedies on television. It's four kids from Queens coming into a bunch of money and *****, a hilarious agent and the most beautiful extras and scene dressing known to man.

I just don't see any huge drop off in quality. The criticism comes off as though you people thought Season One was some masterful piece of storytelling. Was that conflict about Queens Blvd really any better than Mandy Moore/Aquaman, Pablo or Vince bangin his agent?

My favorite parts of the show have always been the stories that didn't even have anything to do with the main storyline. Turtle in the Xbox tourney, Johnny smashing some guys window with a nine iron, Turtle and Seth Green having a feud in Vegas, etc.

I don't see the difference between any of that and some old college buddy coming to stay with Ari, having tons of money and a smokin dime and making Ari all angry.

You guys seem to want more out of a show that's nothing more than something you read on the toilet. And I don't get the impression that they want to be anything more, so I don't see how they're failing.
                  The difference is, those stories you mentioned from years past had conflict and obstacles for their characters to overcome. This latest episode with Ari and the others from this year don't offer that and that is why the show is suffering.

One of the most entertaining episodes for me was the one where Eric got into a fight with Vince regarding I can't remember what. But whatever it was, it was fun to watch because there was a lot at stake. Vince could've lost his best friend and manager and Eric might've lost his only chance to make it in Hollywood.

They need more of that...something we all know as "conflict."

Comment

Working...
                  X