Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville Season Finale

Well, seems I'm the only one with any interest in Thursdays on CW (Supernatural and Smallville), but hopefully this thread sparks some interest.

Anyway, what did you guys think of the episode? I liked it, but I felt WAY too much got crammed into that episode then should have been, woulda been a better 2 hours finale if you ask me... just too much going on to really make any of the devasting events have an impact.

*SPOILERS*

Like when Chloe uses her power, or Lana dies (well maybe), etc... because they jumped around and put so much in there, it made it so those moments didn't leave nearly as much impact as they maybe could have. I still enjoyed the episode though and can't wait for next season, quite the cliffhanger.

I also think it's cool that they brought Bizarro in. I think the season premiere will be a good one. I do like they left the audience a bunch of questions... I can't wait to get them answered.

Oh and DAMN, Clark finally told Lana his secret!

Re: Smallville Season Finale

I agree that a lot of things seemed crammed in and kind of rushed, like Clark finally telling Lana his secret. Knowing this show, everything will be resolved after the first two episodes of the new season and it'll be back to normal. Still damn fun to watch, though, when everything is in flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Maclean View Post
      I agree that a lot of things seemed crammed in and kind of rushed, like Clark finally telling Lana his secret. Knowing this show, everything will be resolved after the first two episodes of the new season and it'll be back to normal. Still damn fun to watch, though, when everything is in flux.
      Yeah, and seeing Lana die is not real... that truck that past her before she climbed into it has to be the key to her survival... like she never got into the jeep in the first place. It was fixed to believe that she died... when in fact she probably leaped into that passing mail truck, or whatever it was... to escape her fate.

As for everything being crammed, I must agree too! I never knew that Chole had powers to save Lois??!! Interesting!?
      D. Alin
      http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Yeah, that mail truck was a little too obvious. "Wait, why was my view just blocked for what was possibly the most important scene of the entire series!!!......wait a second...'

But a decent cliff-hanger none-the-less. Looks like she framed Lex which is pretty badass. Chick's finally growing some juevos. Next season will probably begin with Clark and Lex (and maybe even Bizarro, depending on how long he's scheduled to stick around for) racing to find Lana.

Regardless, this show definitely knows how to end a season with a bang.
        Last edited by Maclean; 05-18-2007, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I also thought it felt rushed and the reveal to Lana felt kind of cheap. I'm a huge fan of the superhero reveal, and I thought Chloe's facial reaction was classic and Lana's just fell flat for me. Pete's was great, too, but I just love the scene when Clark reveals his secret to Chloe.

Of the two CW finales Thursday, I thought Supernatural's was better than Smallville's.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
          - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Originally posted by velysai View Post
            I also thought it felt rushed and the reveal to Lana felt kind of cheap. I'm a huge fan of the superhero reveal, and I thought Chloe's facial reaction was classic and Lana's just fell flat for me. Pete's was great, too, but I just love the scene when Clark reveals his secret to Chloe.

Of the two CW finales Thursday, I thought Supernatural's was better than Smallville's.
            Supernatural has become a better show than Smallville IMO. I think the acting, directing, writing, editing, and everything is really overall done better. That's me though... I do love Smallville though.

Comment

Working...
            X