No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol Finale

AKA It's Sabotage!

Really, what the hell were they doing? Why did they pick a song, and only one song, for the winning song that was so ill-suited for one contestant and so tailor-made for the other? It's really disgusting, and for the producers to undermine the competition in the most obvious way I've ever seen on the show, it's bound to turn of a large segment of the viewers.

But other than that, what did everyone think?

Re: American Idol Finale

Wasn't the song selected by the public's votes?

But you're right, that was a perfect song for Jordin and she made the most of it. She also picks up the vast majority of Melinda's votes from last week. So she wins.

Comment

Frankly, if anything was going to turn off AI viewers, it would have been last season. I'm pretty sure AI can do no wrong - at least no new wrong.
      "The only reason most scripts are bad is because most people can't write." Leslie Dixon

Comment

I don't watch the show, but all the hullaballoo is messing up my commute.

Sonsabitches.
        "Witticism"
        -Some Guy

Comment

To be perfectly frank... Jordin's performance on the winner of the songwriter was different to me! I was confused... that's probably why Jordin is so great! (Oh maybe because I was just too tired to notice) but she made that song sound completely different than Blake's version... hands down!

I love them both, but Randy is right... and so is Simon (unfortunately) Blake is more of a performer and Jordin is a singing star! I think Jordin will surely win it, and Blake will take the second fiddle. Although, they will do excellent in their careers... no doubt about it!

So, tonight's the two hour finale and ends the season with one of them being a winner... I voted for Jordin over 20 times before I just simply couldn't anymore and fell fast asleep.

We shall see, tonight!
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Eh? Why would Simon right be unfortunate?
            Melinda being casted off ticked me off so I did catch last night's AI with less interest. I still got to say that Jordin should win this. Got to remember this is a singing competition but honestly, at times, I think it has to do with much more than just that.
            Keen is right though, Blake had no real chance with the last song.
            Would have been fun to hear Melinda's version....Ah well, let's see the two hours finale.
            A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
            Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
            Money is better than compliments.

Comment

I pick Jake Taylor to win.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
                I pick Jake Taylor to win.
                Nah, I win and they all lose...Actually, maybe we did all lose but whatever.
                A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                Money is better than compliments.

Comment

I just want everyone to take a moment to imagine if the "winning" song had been one where Jordin was forced to beatbox. Then you understand how unfair it was for Blake.

And, what in the world was the point of having an open submission songwriting competition when the winner, "This Is My Now" is nearly an exact hybrid of last year's two songs, "My Destiny" and "Do I Make You Proud?" When are they going to get away from using these adult contemporary inspirational songs that don't stand a chance of being hit singles?

Comment

PS. Did everyone else notice that Paula's "tripped over my dog and broke my nose" story is just an elaborate cover-up for an obvious nose-job?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                      PS. Did everyone else notice that Paula's "tripped over my dog and broke my nose" story is just an elaborate cover-up for an obvious nose-job?
                      Serious? I gotta check that out. I missed it again last night.

Corona
                      I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                      I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

This show has jumped the shark, I think. I'll keep watching it like a helpless tube slave, though. Paula is what's doing the majority of it.
                        My God, it's full of stars!

Comment

I'm quite sure if Paula were to get a nose job she wouldn't do it the week before the finale, with millions of people viewing.

My guess is she was drugged out and walked into the door or fell off a couch or something.

k

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
                            Last season's finale was a trillion times better. This was pretty bad.

The producers were asleep at the switch this year. And Seacrest should not be allowed to interview or ad lib. His "comic" sequences with the Big Bird Lady and the Bush Baby were grating and painful. He's so ****ing awkward.

With SO many people watching, they should have done much better.

Congrats, Jordan!

Agreed!
                            D. Alin
                            http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
                              Last season's finale was a trillion times better. This was pretty bad.

The producers were asleep at the switch this year. And Seacrest should not be allowed to interview or ad lib. His "comic" sequences with the Big Bird Lady and the Bush Baby were grating and painful. He's so ****ing awkward.

With SO many people watching, they should have done much better.

Congrats, Jordan!

I Tivo'd the finale and watched it late last night. Thanks to all the filler and crap like the Big Bird Lady the show went long and the recording shut off right at 9pm, half way through the ad break right before the winner was announced. So after 5 months and 49 hours of television I am left to looking up on the internet to see who the winner was.

That was American Idol...

Comment

Working...
                              X