X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J off course
    replied
    Re: On the Lot: Comedy shorts

I'm glad Kenny (wacky cab) and Jessica (lightbulb) didn't get the boot tonight.
    There is something about how they approached their shorts
    that appealed to me. I hope to see how they progress from here.

Otherwise I wasn't surprised at the voting.
    Anyone keeping track of what audiences like?
    Might help.

Hosts were better tonight especially Carrie I thought.
    Loosening up.

The hostess should get high marks from cleavage fans.

Leave a comment:

• scriptwriterNYC
    replied

Originally posted by szyszka View Post
    Lightbulb was one of the worst short films I have ever seen in my life. Well, maybe that's going far but I HATED it and I used to go to tons of short film screenings (I've been in some and no - I didn't enter this show.)
    For me, the dumbest one was the woman having to pee on the bus, and then throwing the cup out the window. That was the worst short I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Slappynipsy
    replied

With ratings as low as it's getting, this show will be canceled before we find out who wins.

Leave a comment:

• Juno Styles
    replied

Originally posted by szyszka View Post
    I'll try and catch up tonight.
    i dont think they're going to replay all those shorts. last night's episode was like 2 hours long. i think tonight is only an hour. they have all the one minute comedies from last night on their website though: http://www.thelot.com/episodes/

Leave a comment:

• qualitycontrol
    replied

My god, I thought this show was every Tuesday. I need to get updated. I only saw the first episode and noticed it on Monday night when I got home work early (I work a 3 pm - 11 pm shift, so I miss a lot of TV.)

On Monday I caught only two shorts: Lucky Penny, which I didn't care for, and then To Screw In A Lightbulb and thought -- THIS is talented? Lightbulb was one of the worst short films I have ever seen in my life. Well, maybe that's going far but I HATED it and I used to go to tons of short film screenings (I've been in some and no - I didn't enter this show.)

I'll try and catch up tonight.

Leave a comment:

• anu
    replied

i really liked getta rhoom. i guess i'll see the retarded kid in hell.

Leave a comment:

• Juno Styles
    replied

Originally posted by BigFatTire View Post
    Did I miss the episode where they narrowed the directors down to 18? Last episode I watched was on Thursday night, when the last challenge was to direct 1 page of a script in 1 hour. They didn't show any of that. Was there an episode on between Thursday and Monday?
    i was saying the same thing...i thought maybe i just missed something.

Leave a comment:

• BigFatTire
    replied

Did I miss the episode where they narrowed the directors down to 18? Last episode I watched was on Thursday night, when the last challenge was to direct 1 page of a script in 1 hour. They didn't show any of that. Was there an episode on between Thursday and Monday?

As for the shorts, I liked the Alien Cop, the Airport Security Scene and Dangerous Lab.

Leave a comment:

• Juno Styles
    replied

I liked the space aliens one and the host.

Leave a comment:

• David Alin
    replied

I voted...I voted for: "Dance Man" and "Replication Theory", "Lucky Penny". "Please Hold", very good... not to mentioned "Check Out" I'd liked that one!

"Wack Alley Cab" did nothing for me... neither did the "Blind Date" at first. Although I thought it was interesting how each guy that came up to her was in a yellow shirt. Unfortunately, the place she went afterwards sort of ruin it for me?!

The feel is almost like "AI" and it's okay. I surely will like to see how it all turns out! No doubt!

Good show, either way!

Leave a comment:

• Slappynipsy
    replied

Princess Leia crying about the nerd movie was classic... If that gets her going i'd hate to see her watching the news.

Leave a comment:

• velysai
    replied

I thought "Dance Man" and "Replication Theory" were great, too.

Leave a comment:

• EricCartman
    replied

18 is too many to be judging.

Leave a comment:

• Writing is Fart
    replied

I thought Getta Rhoom was pretty funny, but the nerd came off as being mentally disable, which was a good thing obviously. It may actually get dude booted off.

2 things he should of done

1) had the nerd be your more stereotypical nerd, with goofy laugh and what not, just to avoid the mental illness issue.
    2) the usher should of been a scrawny teenager not some giant 300lb black dude

other than that Lucky Penny was alright, as was the airport one and Danger Zone. The rest where pretty forgettable.

The worst was definetly Wack Alley Cab

Leave a comment:

• sc111
    replied

I think a lot of these contestants are good directors in terms of visual technique however what the majority of them need is a writer.

There were too many cliches. One right after the other. And few stories.

Weird that some -- even at only a minute -- could so easily lose my interest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X