No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On the Lot - 6-19-07...

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
    These are (still) the films they made before entering the competition. These were the shorts they made to be on the show originally... Looks like next week they'll be (GASP) ACTUALLY making NEW films... what a concept.
    Are you sure? The clips they have shown of Zach's contest entry shows him picking up some big gun and blowing an alien spaceship out of the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
      But instead they should have a talented "top" screenwriter write a 15 minute short then have each of them direct it and see who does it better. That would be an interesting show.
      I thought that too, then realized it would get really boring by the 3rd person. What might be an interesting "American Idol"-type twist is having them redo classic movie scenes in their own style.

Agree that Marty should not have been voted off. And that Zach should win. Honestly, I don't know why he doesn't just go off and shoot his own feature. He seems to be able to do mega SFX on little dough. And are you
      really surprised that Jess' films look like experimental student films? It's exactly what I expect from someone still in film school (or at least what I was used to seeing in my own film college classes).

But why are they changing the format...again? I almost tivo'd right past Marty getting voted off because last week they did it at the end. By far the worst-produced reality series ever. Have no idea why they thought having America vote would be a good idea. Should be more like PGL where we see more behind the scenes stuff and have the judges actually decide.

Comment

Yup, I'm sure. They have not made anything new since those first few episodes to save money...I think this show has really set a new bar for failure on every level.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkshadowsunite View Post
          Are you sure? The clips they have shown of Zach's contest entry shows him picking up some big gun and blowing an alien spaceship out of the sky.
          yea he's right, somebody also said in another forum that these are the films they made after they submitted the shorts that got them on the show. apparently FOX gave them 5 days to come up with something and these are those shorts. thats why they dont seem as good as the first round when they had help.
          One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
          X