No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bionic Woman

Stop it, stop it, stop it!!

I loved the original of this show, new one doesn't look interesting at all to me.

Wait, is Miguel Ferrer on this show...ok, love him...no, still not enough to make me watch!!!
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: Bionic Woman

Originally posted by writer0825 View Post
    Stop it, stop it, stop it!!

I loved the original of this show, new one doesn't look interesting at all to me.

Wait, is Miguel Ferrer on this show...ok, love him...no, still not enough to make me watch!!!
    I really liked the first one, but I can't see any merit in bringing it back. The original star may have signed on for those TV bed commercials for people who can't sleep, before she knew this was coming on.

It is hard to believe that with the amount of creative ideas around (there is a ton just on this site), that they can't offer better fare than clones, reality, and turning each category covered by Star Search into a seperate show.

Comment

let's hope the actors dont beat each other up on the set or call each other names.
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I'm...running...in...slow...motion...to...turn...o ff...the...set...

Comment

Originally posted by SI_NYC View Post
          I really liked the first one, but I can't see any merit in bringing it back. The original star may have signed on for those TV bed commercials for people who can't sleep, before she knew this was coming on.

It is hard to believe that with the amount of creative ideas around (there is a ton just on this site), that they can't offer better fare than clones, reality, and turning each category covered by Star Search into a seperate show.
          I think they've run into the same problems that is plaguing just about every major industry, including politicians and the music industry. They hire so many consultants to gauge the market by the popularity of what exists, and the expense of production has started to get so high that they're not willing to take chances on "new" ideas. Better to go with something that was popular before & will possibly be popular again as opposed to taking a chance.

Transformers, for example, was the only movie I've gone and seen this summer since it was the only thing to come out that wasn't a sequel to something, and even *that* was a rehash of old properties!

Comment

I remember both the 6million and the Bionic Woman and I remember the movie and I think this will be welcome change.

Sure, they're doing the whole BSG thang with the reboot, but, ya know, reboots have turned out pretty good so far and I'm willing to give it a chance.

Just for that one shot of her going absolutely ape!#$# in the hospital looks worthy of my time. Sure the SFX and wirework may be a little bad at first, but besides Firefly (yes, I biased, what of it? ) when has a pilot ever been good? Sure, it'll take time to find it's legs, least they're advertising the livin' bejeezus out of it.
            R.K. Bentley
            My Blog, My Design Studio
            "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I think it's by some of the same team that breathed new life into BATTLESTAR GALACTICA tho ... and they sure took a crappy original series and made it into a great modern series.

So I'll give them benefit of the doubt until I've seen a few. Plus, BSG Starbuck plays a killer cyborg in it, might be good. Or suck. But there's a thing called CGI now where the fx may hopefully be better than running in slo-mo while music goes doying-doying-doying
              sigpic
              "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
              that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
              -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

I'm very excited for this due to the BSG connection with David Eick.

Comment

Having seen it, it's good stuff. Likin' it. SFX on the copy I saw was ok, hopefully it'll get changed. Can see why Sackoff is going to be made a regular.

Lotsa BSG regulars in the pilot...
                  R.K. Bentley
                  My Blog, My Design Studio
                  "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Working...
                  X