So, what do you expect from Smallville this season?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what do you expect from Smallville this season?

It doesn't seem like Smallville is a super popular show on here, but I know there are some fans. So, curious if Smallville will end on a good note with a great season.

I hope so, but just don't know. I tho ught season 6 had some really high points, but definitely was a bit too slow for me... I thought they were going to deal with a lot more with Clark making the transition to Superman than they did (seemed like it'd head more in that direction after seeing last year's premiere).

I guess we'll see what happens. Now Bizarro is out and I also hear that *SPOILER* Clark has a cousin coming to Earth? It'll be interesting.

The season starts on the 27th and I can't wait personally.

It's not a eprfect show by any means, but it's been fun watching it for the past 6 years and I'll be sad when it's gone.

I'm also looking foward to seeing this third season of Supernatural too. They really set it up well and hope they do a good job this season and keep that show going, it's a fun show with great music, a good cast and some interesting stories--at least as a fan of that genre and I like 'em.

Re: So, what do you expect from Smallville this season?

The same thing I expect every year from Smallville. Bad acting from Kristin Kreuk. Hotness from Erica Durance. Crappy storylines that screw with Superman mythology to little good effect. Maybe one cool moment with Lex. Hotness from Supergirl. Oh and someone is going to die. Hopefully.

On the otherhand, Supernatural rocks the hizzy.
    "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

I have a bad feeling Lionel is going to kick the bucket this season, so I'm not too happy about that since I'm a Lionel & Martha fan.

I'm still missing The Green Arrow but I am looking forward to Dean Cain.

I heard a rumor Michael Rosenbaum hasn't been asked to ink a contract for season 8 (if they do a season 8). So I'm a little worried about him not being used too much this season.

Basically, I'm hoping for less Lana, More Chloe, More Lois, Lionel with a pulse.
      "Can't we have one meeting that doesn't end with digging up a corpse?" -- Mayor Quimby

"You've watched it! You can't unwatch it!" -- Narrator

Comment

Yea, Lana is getting annoying... although at least she stopped whining somewhat and the stuff involving and her Clark and his secret was done fairly well.

I relaly hope Chloe doesn't die because she's a fun character, but I guess maybe Lois has to step in and become the reporter this season? I'll miss Chloe... I guess we'll see.

I'm excited to see some more Clark/Lex stuff, it's usually the strong point on the show, but we'll see.

And like the first replier said... Supernatural does rock the hizzy, lol. I just love the tone they put in, it's both light and funny, yet dark and badass along with a great soundtrack, some cool myths and entertaining actors.

I hope the third season is good.

And season 8? Since when? I'd love that, but who knows how much longer than can stretch this damn thing before it needs to be called Superman and not Smallville. I know I'd watch whatever they threw on though cuz I like Superman.

Oh and what about the whole Lana gets with Pete thing? I qwas pretty sure that's how the comic books had it go... but he's been gone for a long time, so guess they won't be doing that one? Plus, I just can't see how Lana's character would do that anyway, she's gone through such a rollercoaster without Pete and they never seemed close (or said much to one another) on the show, so it probably would never work if they were to show it.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else on here, but Smallville is going to change this year, with his cousin coming into the pictur and all... although Lana does need to go! Lex needs to be more villianous than he has... although they have worked him up to it!

Erica who plays Lois has some incredible potential I think!???

Lionel, shouldn't be gone this year? Die?! A great idea. Martha needs something else to encourage grow in her career without him. But, this year I understand they are releasing a "Superman Doomsday" movie this Sept. Any one know much about it?

"SuperNatural", never really saw it... when my wife switching channels and wanted to watch "Greys", haven't gotten into it..

I guess we'll see how this year turns out.
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

David, all I know about the SMoomsday DVD (which I'm looking forward to) is from the imdb.com info here.

It comes out September 18th.
            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

I also found an interview with Alfred Gough, Smallville executive producer, about season 7 and the plans for a season 8.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2329
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Season 8... nice. I'd like to see a season 8.

Comment

I'd love to see a season eight, espc. since it's rumored that Kristin Kreuk doesn't want to do another season because it conflicts with her feature film projects. Way too much Lana Lang the last few seasons.
                  "Can't we have one meeting that doesn't end with digging up a corpse?" -- Mayor Quimby

"You've watched it! You can't unwatch it!" -- Narrator

Comment

I don't want to see any more Lana. I'm ready for Clark to grow and start thinking he shouldn't love ANYBODY and then be really struggling over growing feelings for Lois.

Supergirl? That is just the dumbest thing.
                    Clark's whole character revolves around him being alone. Totally alienated by his difference. So, uh, we give him family? And a girl?

Am I the only one that sees a potential mate here?
                    Doesn't that solve his "woe is me I can't get laid" problem?

SUre, I know, she is his cousin BUT she is a Kryptonian.
                    Wouldn't the thought of rebuilding the race creep into thier heads?

I want to see Lex really go bad, to fully embrace that side of him. No more mister nice guy.
                    I like Lionel, want to see more of him but I don't know what he'd do, um... maybe take on more of a trainer/mentor role for Clark?

I'm not sure about Chloe making it. Her kryptonite gift may have been a one shot deal.
                    She's pretty much grown all that she can and she knows Clark's secret so naturally something needs to happen to her.

I think season 7 should end with Clark becoming Superman and then season 8 should have him dealing with being a young, inexperianced super hero and end the show with him embracing his role as the bumbling Clark Kent in Metropolis.

I like supernatural but it gives me the heebie jeebies.
                    Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                    by BellaBella

Comment

I heard Gough say that Welling is signed up until a season 8, so I don't know why they all wouldn't be (meaning Kreuk, Rosenbaum, and Welling). I've heard that this will be the last season as well, so I don't know what that means exactly. Ratings are still decent, probably still profitable for the CW. Season 6 had some cool moments, but it didn't do much for the overall character arc of Superman.

Something I always found strange about this show was that it's meant to build up the hate between Clark and Lex...but not between Lex and Superman. So basically Lex has all this venomous rage for Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter at the Daily Planet. But he never finds out Clark Kent is Superman, so it kind of makes this whole show a wash. Once Superman comes into the picture, Lex would never spend another second thinking about Clark Kent.

Comment

While that is true, it's not all about Lex. I think a lot of it is about Clark hating Lex... or so it seems. This transfer to Superman hating Lex andvice versa.

Though I do see the problem.

And they signed on for 7 seasons originally, not 8. That's why most thought this would be the last.

Comment

Bump... and wanted to ask...

Anyone know if they have weekly reruns of these shows? Like for those who missed the episode.

I am going to attempt to record it on my computer on the Tv program I got, but not sure if I'll be able to. I have to miss the premiere, but wanna catch it somehow, so if recording doesn't work, I need to find another way to catch the videos.

I don't wanna DL torrent files. Though I know it's a possiblity.

Comment

You'll have to check your local listings BUT The CW usually runs the episodes again during the day. And they ran season 6 again this summer.

Just read some spoilers over at another site
                            http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3934
                            and it sounds like a sorta decent, sorta meh season.

Supergirl causes big problems for Clark because her powers are more advanced BUT he's older then her and trying to take care of her.

Lex is going to take another shot at being good and have a bunch of fights with his dad.

MAJOR SPOILER
                            (yeah like we didn't know) Chole has to deal with her power and keeping it secret.

So, it's basic Smallville.
                            Last edited by scripter1; 09-21-2007, 06:54 PM. Reason: add in link
                            Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                            by BellaBella

Comment

Working...
                            X