Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Emmys -- the worst awards show ever

I liked that the Sopranos did well, but the show itself was the biggest snoozefest ever for a televised awards show. I was bored from the beginnning. The circle in the round stage idea was a huge flop. And what was with those cuts to the big disco ball? Also, I couldn't believe all the technical glitches. Does anyone else here think this was the worst ever?

Re: 2007 Emmys -- the worst awards show ever

the cuts to the disco ball was censorship at its finest... all live events are tape delayed so they obviously said something controversial, like speaking against the current reigning government and their foreign war policy perhaps? I'd like to know what Sally Field said..

but you are right, this one was worse than last year's show...
    "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

She said (censored part in bold): "If mothers ruled the world, there wouldn't be any god-damned wars in the first place."

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
        It wasn't the "damn" or the "wars." It was the combo of "god" with "damn" that most likely got her censored

why couldn't they just BLEEP her? why the cut-away
        "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
          why couldn't they just BLEEP her? why the cut-away
          Because they want it to look like a technical gaffe and not blatant censorship. It helps maintain the illusion of "live" televsion.

Comment

This was not the worst awards show ever. No even close. I don't watch the Oscars anymore.

It was nice seeing Terry O'Quinn win. Jaime Pressly too. Both gave touching speeches.

Comment

Here's the uncensored version, in case anyone's interested...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/0...s_n_64723.html

Comment

Well, my wife seems to agree with most of you about the telecast... not well accepted. At first I thought the round circle stage was a bit refreshing ... then, after noticing the winners were having their backs toward their colleges I felt different about the concept.

So, I agree about the stage and cutting away for the censorship, I was troubled by that... especially when Sally Field gave her speech, what was it did she say??!!!???
                D. Alin
                http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

The "theatre in the round" idea would have been just fine, except that they spent the whole show treating one part of that stage as the front and ignoring the rest of the audience, when they should have consistantly adjusted the podium and performers between commercial breaks to allow the whole audience a fair amount of perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                    The "theatre in the round" idea would have been just fine, except that they spent the whole show treating one part of that stage as the front and ignoring the rest of the audience, when they should have consistantly adjusted the podium and performers between commercial breaks to allow the whole audience a fair amount of perspective.
                    Now that I can agree with!
                    D. Alin
                    http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                      She said (censored part in bold): "If mothers ruled the world, there wouldn't be any god-damned wars in the first place."

Ray Romano also got censored for a sex joke and Katherine Heigel got censored for letting the word "sh**" slip out.

With all of the heavy fines being heaved at networks and radio stations for swearing you can't blame the producers for being preemptive. Yeah, a bleep would have sufficed, but they were obviously prepared for any "wardrobe malfunctions" with the cut to the globe standing at the ready.
                      Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
                      Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
                      Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

The cut to the "god shot" was probably more to keep us from reading their lips, not so much about their boobs popping out. With no time to pixillate people's mouths during a live show, they opt for the god shot instead. Just guessing.

Comment

Well, Heigel managed to mouth the word before they cut away from her.

I don't think any station has ever been fined for someone mouthing a word. I think they were more concerned about the actual words making it over the airwaves and the FCC fining them heavily for it.
                          Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
                          Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
                          Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

The Emmys have degraded to a popularity contest a long time ago, so I didn't even watch. Forgot it was on, actually.

Comment

Working...
                            X