Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing Daisies -- episode 2

Wow, this show lost its novelty fast. I found this to be so heavy-handed. It's pounding us with quirk and whimsy. Soooooo much narration. And I could barely follow the mystery. When they had the girl break into song they may as well had her shout "Look how cool this show is!!" One more week for me.

Ele...

Re: Pushing Daisies -- episode 2

Originally posted by elephant1978 View Post
    Wow, this show lost its novelty fast. I found this to be so heavy-handed. It's pounding us with quirk and whimsy. Soooooo much narration. And I could barely follow the mystery. When they had the girl break into song they may as well had her shout "Look how cool this show is!!" One more week for me.

Ele...
    I have some mixed feelings on this... I like the whimsy concept, but I too agree about the narration. Jim Dale does well in narrating books, like in the "Harry Potter" series, but not sure about this...

However, this second episode does show us more about the secrets between Ned and Chuck, how she wants him to open up and tell her more about him, and he's a bit reserved about telling her... although, in the coming episode he does (supposedly) spill the beans and tell a bit too much that might place Ned's foot into his mouth about how he unintentionally killed her father...? Any thoughts?
    D. Alin
    http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

I tried to watch it last night. Tried. I think the first ep must've been nearly 180 degrees better from what people were saying.
      Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Ele...
        I can't make up my mind on this show. I initially thought the Pilot was one of the more unique Pilots in recent years, but they may be going too far in the quirky and trying to be cute department for it to be viewed week in and out. The amount of narration is driving me nuts. They might start thinking about less is more?

Comment

I was in for 15 minutes and then out.

The only character I liked was the dog in the diner because he was mercifully silent.

The show is a Cat in the Hat-looking/Desperate Houswives-narrating sinkhole of suckitude.
          I'm always right.

Comment

I thought this second episode was fantastic.

The cute elements worked for me. Loved the singing part. Dug the dandelion cars. Loved the narration. Loved Chuck speaking Japanese. Loved the villian detailing his plan but the heroes being unable to hear him.
            "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Yeh, I'm still loving it, too.

Hopefully the cost overuns won't kill it before the ratings do...
              R.K. Bentley
              My Blog, My Design Studio
              "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Everyone should watch 'Pushing Daises'. Losing another Bryan Fuller show would be devastating. This man deserves a hit!

The casting and writing are top-notch. I can't wait until next week!

Comment

I think the ongoing backstory as opening is sensational. Thought they couldn't maintain the pace but no troubles so far.

I do notice some real flat notes from time to time. Breaking out in song at the pie shop was one of them.

Anybody else notice that Bryan Fuller didn't write the second episode? That seemed really odd about a debut show. I would have thought he would be the one to nail down at least the first half dozen episodes.

Guess he has his A team. Hope it continues.
                  I'm like an opening band for the sun.
                  -- Eddie Vedder: "Push Me / Pull Me"

Comment

Originally posted by pwrmyth View Post
                    I do notice some real flat notes from time to time. Breaking out in song at the pie shop was one of them.
                    Amen to that.
                    "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Chakala View Post
                      I was in for 15 minutes and then out.

The only character I liked was the dog in the diner because he was mercifully silent.

The show is a Cat in the Hat-looking/Desperate Houswives-narrating sinkhole of suckitude.
                      Wouldn't go quite that far, but you did leave out Little Shop of Horrors,

I still can't make up my mind about it. If I had a say: Cut out about 2/3 of the narration (and almost all of the pie references), and maybe half of the cute stuff and they might still have something that will hold a general adult audience for a long while or move it to Disney or a Family channel as is and target it to 15 year old girls because I can't even imagine adult working women (who make up most of the TV audience) watching this as is for an entire season or more . The creators deserve serious points for creating something that doesn't look anywhere near all of the drivative cloned crap the networks usually put on, but as is it may be too syrupy for the room.

Comment

Best writing on TV right now, I know, bring on the jeers but TV is at an all time low for me so watching a show that I can't predict minute by minute is refreshing. It can be a little too "Tim Burton" at times but Kudos for trying something different for a change. Excellent show!

Comment

Heavy handed, painful drivel.
                          "I knew I was wrong. But in my head, I thought I was wrong for the right reasons."
                          -Frank Sobotka

Comment

Glad I gave it another week. This episode was a definite improvement over last week's. It had a better pace, more humor. Just a bit more fun. It's enough to keep me watching.

Ele...

Comment

Glad I gave it another week. This episode was a definite improvement over last week's. It had a better pace, more humor. Just a bit more fun. It's enough to keep me watching.

Ele...
                              I liked it, same for me. Found this week better than last. Let's see what happen next week.
                              D. Alin
                              http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Working...
                              X