Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Rock...

Great episiode last night. Baldwin was perfect in the therepy session.
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Re: 30 Rock...

New to these boards, so this is the first reply. Yes, 30 Rock is rapidly becoming one of the smartest shows on television, and the Cosell, "I had that in my pocket" has kept me laughing all day.

Comment

Originally posted by writerly
      On a side note when she said, "I have $12,000 in my checking account." Jack said, "what are you, an immigrant?"

What, is that like a little money to have lying around, does everyone have that lying around as pocket change? Where have I been?
      I think he was referring to her keeping all her "extra" money in her checking account rather than doing something productive with it (i.e., investing it).

k

Comment

I think he meant that's not a lot of money. If you live in NY or LA, it's not. I'm not saying I have more than that. I'm just agreeing it's not enough money.

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by RKBentley View Post
          Great episiode last night. Baldwin was perfect in the therepy session.
          Have they radically changed the pacing of the show? I saw it once or twice in its first season (was that last year? I lose track) and I caught a little of last night's episode (in between World Series commercials) ... I don't remember the show being as fast paced as last night's show was. The whole thing felt like there was conscious effort to make it snappier and faster paced, especially the line readings ... unless I'm misremembering the first few shows I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
            Have they radically changed the pacing of the show? I saw it once or twice in its first season (was that last year? I lose track) and I caught a little of last night's episode (in between World Series commercials) ... I don't remember the show being as fast paced as last night's show was. The whole thing felt like there was conscious effort to make it snappier and faster paced, especially the line readings ... unless I'm misremembering the first few shows I saw.
            I wasn't a fan of the first few episodes, but it seems they have hit a stride on that show. They have taken to using the visual throwaway jokes a lot more, and there can be little argument that "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah" is genius.

Comment

Last night's episode was one of the best!

Page-off!
              Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

Having watched the show since the beginning, I will say it has gotten much snappier and the line reading much better.

The first 3-4 episodes in few season were hit and miss and then they hit their stride towards the end of last season and this season has been a hoot so far.

Yeh TWA brings up a great scene, I was waiting for someone to start paraphrasing Fight Club during the Page Off.
                R.K. Bentley

Comment

This show is probably my second choice behind Curb, on my list of favorite comediy series. It definitely has hit it's stride, and with Baldwin's impersonations this week in the therapy session they not only hit it out of the park, it may have left the neighborhood. The Network probably should eventually get rewarded for staying with it as more people catch on. In the interim while it continues to try to move up the ratings ladder, at least the demographic it hits is supposed to be pretty high (maybe because it is smart, sarcastic, and above all damn funny). If nothing else maybe the other Networks will catch on to the fact that really clever workplace comedies like this or even hangout type comedies are a lot funnier than those domestic sitcom cliche festivals they have been cranking out.

Comment

Originally posted by writerly
                    oh I know, I was kidding around, I mean I have at least 100k stashed somewhere
                    Can I borrow about half of that 100K, I believe that is what World Series tickets are going for out here.

Comment

Originally posted by SI_NYC View Post
                      This show is probably my second choice behind Curb, on my list of favorite comediy series. It definitely has hit it's stride, and with Baldwin's impersonations this week in the therapy session they not only hit it out of the park, it may have left the neighborhood. The Network probably should eventually get rewarded for staying with it as more people catch on. In the interim while it continues to try to move up the ratings ladder, at least the demographic it hits is supposed to be pretty high (maybe because it is smart, sarcastic, and above all damn funny). If nothing else maybe the other Networks will catch on to the fact that really clever workplace comedies like this or even hangout type comedies are a lot funnier than those domestic sitcom cliche festivals they have been cranking out.
                      From what I understand, they are giving Baldwin's character more prominence this season and that's a very smart thing. I think he may be the most underrated actor out there. The guy is brilliant. He does everything well. think of how good he was in dramas like Glengarry Glen Ross and Red October, and then he is one of SNL's best guests. He does it all and makes it look easy. Anyone who can excell at both drama and comedy like that is a rare thing.

Comment

His run in 30 Rock has been a revelation.

Not that he was bad before, but he's pitch perfect here. Classic television.
                        If you really like it you can have the rights
                        It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                          From what I understand, they are giving Baldwin's character more prominence this season and that's a very smart thing. I think he may be the most underrated actor out there. The guy is brilliant. He does everything well. think of how good he was in dramas like Glengarry Glen Ross and Red October, and then he is one of SNL's best guests. He does it all and makes it look easy. Anyone who can excell at both drama and comedy like that is a rare thing.
                          Baldwin has been terrific, and the rest of the cast has been spot on. This is what network
                          TV used to be able to do in its sleep, so it amazes me that it took so long for them to come up with something that was already in their DNA. The fact that this show's subject is show business isn't what makes it funny, it is pretty much irrelevent (Tina Fey originally pitched it as a Newsroom environment). I think the reason it is funny is that it is an unconstrained workplace environment without a subdivison anchor (the Fat guy Sitcoms) that has a lot of really strange people interacting (not to mention that nothing is too sacred to be sent up or ridiculed). I do think that eventually they are going to need more outside the show side stories as there are only so many bent suit, crazy Tracy episodes if they stay completely chained to the show environment. Fortunately with the NY setting, they can have the characters walk outside for a block and they will run into something that the writers won't even have to make up (equally true if it was LA).

Comment

The Trouble With 30 Rock

Does this guy have a point?
                            If you really like it you can have the rights
                            It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

I think 30 Rock has come a long way since the pilot episode and I think so long as NBC keeps it where it is and allows it grow, then it'll do fine.

Last Week's episde was perfect, the party aftermath meeting was just priceless.
                              R.K. Bentley

Comment

Working...
                              X