Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other side of the story

Do you ever watch Al Jazeera or Press TV news on cable?

The in depth coverage of a story they provide is very refreshing. Al Jazeera is surprisingly balanced.

I recommend checking them out.

Re: The other side of the story

Originally posted by yeehi View Post
    Do you ever watch Al Jazeera or Press TV news on cable?

The in depth coverage of a story they provide is very refreshing. Al Jazeera is surprisingly balanced.

I recommend checking them out.
    I understand they have deviated quite a bit from being the mouthpiece of a number of Middle Eastern organizations, and hired some professional non-biased journalists in order to be more balanced, but considering their previous history I think I will stick to the PBS News Hour and any number of first class newspapers that do in depth reporting. PBS also provide both points of view and you know they are not going to inject any bias into a story or soften it in order to pacify a government or an audience segment. Not to inject politics into this forum, but for example I seriously doubt Al Jazera would ever air a segment on some of the goodies that can be found in the Palestinian Fatah Constitution. I think you may see a little more self examination and some minor criticism, but that about as far as they are going to leap.

Comment

Re: The other side of the story

CONTROL ROOM is an interesting documentary about behind-the-scenes at al-Jeera
      sigpic
      "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
      that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
      -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Working...
      X