Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst TV Series of All Time

What do you think are some of the all-around most hideous television shows to ever hit the airwaves? Here's twenty five ideas.

Re: The Worst TV Series of All Time

I loved "Small Wonder" and "Mr. Belvedere" when I was little. Worst ever? No way.

Wow, Geena Davis had a show?

I'm trying to think of shows that I tried to watch and was like, yeah, i just can't.

"King of the Hill"
    "My Big Fat Greek Family"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Guide's_List_of_the_50_Worst_TV_Shows_of_All_Ti me

I've only seen a handful of the 50. Does that mean I have good taste?

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Personally, from what I haven't been able to avoid seeing of it... Scrubs.

It epitomizes why I quit watching television.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
        What do you think are some of the all-around most hideous television shows to ever hit the airwaves? Here's twenty five ideas.
        1) The Real World, because it paved the way for the reality trend.
        2) About 99% of the spinoffs and revivals
        3) Talent competitions (even my parents tired of Ed Mcmahon's Star Search shtick, so why re-package it)

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post

Too bad as depending on when you quit you've undoubtedly missed some fine work to say the least.

Comment

Personally, from what I haven't been able to avoid seeing of it... Scrubs.

You, sir, are certifiably nuts....

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
              Too bad as depending on when you quit you've undoubtedly missed some fine work to say the least.
              I quit around the seventh season finale of The X-Files. And thanks to DVD, I've been catching on some good stuff (loved Action, Arrested Development and the first season of Lost... then only made it about three episodes into the second season to realize that it had already jumped the shark)...

... but not enough stuff I've found to make TV a habit again.

Originally posted by MacG View Post
              You, sir, are certifiably nuts....
              Probably... but even Hannibal Lector still maintained taste in his lunacy.
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Probably... but even Hannibal Lector still maintained taste in his lunacy.
                Touche.

Comment

Married with Children and Alf used to really bug the hell out of me. Wasn't there some other puppet one that came shortly after Alf? It was like a lamer Alf or something, I think it was a Rabbit? That one sucked too.

I think all of the "American ______" all pretty much suck too, whether it's an idol, band, model, homless guy, whatever, this needs to come to an end.

Then again, "The Greatest American Hero" and "HR Puff & Stuff" were the best shows ever, so what do I know.

Comment

You mean Greg the Bunny?

I can't believe three shows I loved as a kid made the list (Small Wonder, Mr. Belvedere, and Mama's Family)

In fact, I'm still waiting on the season 2 of Mama's Family but they won't release the dvd.
                    Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by alveraz View Post
                      I think all of the "American ______" all pretty much suck too, whether it's an idol, band, model, homless guy, whatever, this needs to come to an end.
                      American Homeless Guy was actually pretty good.

Comment

Interesting to see that list, only one of them is a British TV show, BLESS THIS HOUSE, the rest are all American..

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
                          Interesting to see that list, only one of them is a British TV show, BLESS THIS HOUSE, the rest are all American..
                          The BLESS THIS HOUSE listed is an American show sharing the same title. The reason why British shows fail to make the list is that British shows are only watched by a relatively small number of people in the US. The list has been compiled by Americans.

The UK's Guardian newspaper listed 50 British shows just as terrible:

http://tinyurl.com/q5a55

GEORGE AND MILDRED, No. 18 in the British list, is the show the US number 49, THE ROPERS, was based on.
                          @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
                            The BLESS THIS HOUSE listed is an American show sharing the same title. The reason why British shows fail to make the list is that British shows are only watched by a relatively small number of people in the US. The list has been compiled by Americans.

The UK's Guardian newspaper listed 50 British shows just as terrible:

http://tinyurl.com/q5a55

GEORGE AND MILDRED, No. 18 in the British list, is the show the US number 49, THE ROPERS, was based on.
                            Have not seen that much British TV, but it would be hard to imagine that it could be worse than our shows since all the unscripted garbage started showing up on our airwaves. Reality bites, and the Showtime at the Apollo blasts from the past that sometimes run in the middle of the night had better talent than about 99% of these hyped "star maker" contestant vehicles.

Please excuse me DDers, I am off my meds and on a rant again!

Comment

I quit watching prime time television years ago. I still have cable though, for Yankee games, news and South Park.

I don’t have anything against the shows in general, but I often marvel at some of the threads in the t.v forum page on this board (where you will never see me post....well except for now). I don’t see how anyone could spend so much time watching the crap that’s on when finding time to write is nearly impossible to begin with.

I will say, over the years, there have been a few shows that I would never miss, no matter what I was doing. Some because they were great (Sopranos, Chapelle Show) and some because they were so epically bad they were awesome (Get A Life! and Bless This House, which for those who don’t remember, was the way-too-short-lived Andrew Dice Clay sitcom).
                              kintnerboy
                              Last edited by kintnerboy; 11-04-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X